Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Snow Plowed!

Sunday Chad jumped on the tractor and I start my Sunday chores.  Which of course involves the barn...and on my way there, I saw these.


Moose tracks!  I have seen our tall dark visitor once this year already, so I wasn't really all that surprised.  (0:  
We are apparently on the winter route for this particular cow.  I haven't seen her since the snow has fallen, but suspect I will.  I am trying to keep my camera with in reach just in case.  Hope my diligence pays off!


The girls and Hee-Haws get some kind of enjoyment out of Chad and the tractor.  They like to watch and see what he is going to do, then they decide if it's worthy of their time.  This day...well, the decided it was worthy of their time!  They watched him blow up the driveway and then they waited...


And when he came back down...well they waited for the snow to start hitting the fence.  And when it did, then scattered.  Ran a circle and then poised themselves for his return.  They repeated this for all four of Chads passes by them.  Once he moved to the other part of the drive way, then went to eating the fresh snow that had made it into the pasture.


Fiona and Tari were the ones most interested in the fresh blown snow, but everyone took a bite.  I can't imagine what they could be missing in their diets that this blown snow would give them...  So I have decided that it's just their inner child playing a little bit.  (0:


Fiona's inner child is on the verge of getting shocked.  It makes Chad SO MAD when he sees her using the fence as some sort of stringed instrument.  It make me laugh when she does it.  But I know for a fact that she needs not do this and does need shocked...


But if I forget to turn off the fence, then the dogs and I tend to get shocked.  It hurts like he!! and so I try and not to set myself up for sparking....  But it may be coming!


Isn't she cute when she is being naughty??  I'm quite smitten with this horse...there is a chance that I am one of those people that believe their kid can do no wrong!  (0:


I am going to put off  turning on the fence for a few more days, then I will have to turn it on...
And Fiona will be fixed for a few weeks.  Then she will start her good girl phase...and we will start our little game all over again!  I like to think of it as the circle of life.  (0:


Isn't she just cute!


Tari too!  (0:
I couldn't get the others to put their heads over the gate, guess they were just camera shy.


Have I ever mentioned I love my truck?
Well if not... I love my truck!  (0:  Yes I do!
Next April, I will have owned it for 10 years.  How crazy is that??  Better than that, it will have been paid off for 6 years.  How crazy is that??  LOL!!


Seven says she'll see ya later!!

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Too funny about them chasing the snow, that's better than being scared of it.
Does the moose ever wreck the fences? Bet her legs are so long she can just step over them.

Nikker said...

Shirley- We don't have our entire property fenced, so right now they just wander through. They eat what I drop when I feed through my small gate and then move on...so far...I don't know if they jump, but they sure are big enough to make a mess for me if they so choose. They scare the crap out of the horses when they are around, it's a real circus for about a day after they visit. But I really like seeing them!