Friday, January 27, 2012

I Found Easy's Sale Photos

I had to download a transfer form from APHA to send to Easy's new owners.  It wasn't easy or fun.
I honestly don't think APHA and AQHA horses are different from each.  I see it really as just a color thing, not a physical or mental attribute issue.
The breed association websites however are sooo different.  And AQHA is definitely far more user friendly and their forms are structured for your typical 8x11 papers sizes.  APHA wants you to print on 8x13.  Who has 8x13 paper laying around?  Not me...not even at the shop. 
So I had to shrink it and then write as small as I could to get it filled out.


It must have worked out though.  Haven't heard from the new owners, so no new pictures of Easy.
But I dug through some old (very old) e-mails and found the names of the people I'd sold him to in 2007.  I then went to FaceBook and entered their names...  The mom's page was set to private, but the daughters wasn't.  And there in her picture albums was a for sale album and there was Easy!  (0:
So I borrowed them!  These were labeled as last summer.  So he was a 5 year old.


The only thing that I don't like about these pictures is/are his feet.  I don't mind a barefoot horse, matter of fact, I REALLY wish I had horses that could be barefoot 365!  But I haven't had much luck with that...)0:  And what I don't like about them...well I am not totally sure...just something isn't right.


Easy's new owner did tell me he had gotten him at an auction, but had talked to the owners.  I wasn't really too terribly upset that he was ran through an auction, but was really happy to hear that the sellers were there trying to ensure that Easy was sold to a good/decent home.
I have also talked to a few people I know that rope, and they are familiar with Easy's new owner.  He is a horse trainer/trader...but is known for putting horses to work and selling with honesty.  That makes me happy!  (0:

No comments: