Friday, October 15, 2010

The Calm Before....

....the arrival of the new puppy!! 


Abbi and Kage are definitely in the dark about what's going to happen tomorrow!  We have a 5 hour drive to go on and pick up their little sister and then 5 hours home.  I personally like these adventures and plan on stopping a few times and messing around on the way.  Chad isn't keen on how far away were going, but he will have fun once we get on the road, then he will excited too!  We are scheduled to be there at 4p.m. there time, 3 ours.  It'll get us home fairly late...but what the heck, its the weekend and all!!  ( :



I am getting pretty excited, although I know for certain that Kage's nose is going to be our of joint for a few weeks.  Less I hope, but he is a crabby old man...


In other news Tari's supplement showed up on the 12th and we went right to dosing her.  It didn't really say how long to give her loading a dose, but Mindy suggested 14 days as that's how long she loads her horses.  I said OK, sounds good.  So far we have 4 days worth of dosing under our belts and I am really thinking that it may be working!


I don't want to jinx myself, but she has quit attacking the others in the morning when I turn her out.  Its been 3 whole days since she went kicking and squealing at the poor horse that was too close to the feeder that she wanted to claim as her own.  I am not saying she is being a saint, but the degree of aggression seems to be subsiding!  Thank Goodness!!


I will still keep stalling her at night, not to give the other two a break from her so much if things continue to work, but to keep her in a routine.  Fi and Horse Girl are cool with her not hogging the feed at night and Tari is cool with getting her grain and feeling special.


I admit that I always said I was too lazy to keep my horses in stalls.  But, I am liking putting her up at night and wish that the little ol barn had three stalls rather than two.  Because I am positive that I would be putting all three in at night, every night.


***Patron is not pictured in today's post, because he was being a little ass and wouldn't give me a good shot.  Maybe next time he will be more compliant!!  ( :   ***

1 comment:

Jenn said...

What's happening? I'm in suspense!