Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Hee Haws!

Hahahaaa!! 
I know that I have shown you these little dorks before, but I am going to chat about them for a minute anyway!

Jack Jack peeking over Patron's back.
Let me start out by saying that if it weren't for the fact that Chad saw Patron when he was about 4 hours old and begged me to get him one, I would have missed out on some of the best comedic relief on the planet.  I never really had any inclination to own a long eared equine, but now I am certain that I will never be without one or two. I love my horses...but I love these donkeys too!

Patron chasing Jack Jack through the carport. '08
Of course we couldn't get just one donkey...we are like Noah's ark here, only its Nikki's ark I guess.  ( I won't accept any animal that I don't like though...as I am the one that carries 99% of the burden or care around here....so when he wanted to get chickens a few years back, I told him hell no.  Not unless you are accepting full responsibility for their well being.  Period.  The End.  We remain bird-less to this day!  Go figure.)  Anyway I think everyone should have a "like" friend to play with.  So when Patron was about a year old Jack Jack was born, and they both came up for sale.  We rushed right in with our wallet open and took the little boogers home!  

Making sure they got every last bite...'08
Jack Jack is Patron's maternal brother.  We have no idea who Patron's pa is, but Jack Jacks dad was a donkey that my friend Marie got at a yard sale for $75.  His name was Dinky Donkey.  The momma donkey was bought in foal from a breeder...well actually they traded 3 ton of hay for 3 donkey mares in foal.

I have never seen an animal enjoy rolling the way these two do! '09
Jack Jack has much better conformation than Patron and is a bit smaller and more refined.  He is also the less trusting of new people of the two.  Patron pretty much likes everyone, although he shows less emotion all the way around...he hasn't met a person he hasn't liked.  Jack Jack has, and has no problem letting that person know.  Funny little brat!  But other than their "people" likes and dislikes, these guys are like peas and carrots (thank you Forrest Gump) you can't have one without the other!  At times, I think that they share the same brain!

M-Kitty is about to be in trouble!!  These two chase EVERYTHING! '10
I admit that neither of these guys leads worth a darn.  They will stand tied for hours, but I think that's just more of the donkey way than anything else.  These little nerds will wait out just about anything, its amazing the patients the exhibit at times!  The also don't ride, drive, or earn their keep in any fashion....other than making me laugh when I really don't want to.  Man are they funny!  Even when they are crawling under the fence and terrorizing the neighbor lady's dog as they try and walk up the road....they make me smile!

Patron and his BIG woman! ( :  '08
Oh, and the donkey's love me!  Hahaaa!!  Actually they really think that Tari is the hottest horse to be foaled.  They also seem to really like Fiona.  But as far as the rest of the girls go, they are just horses...  Patron did have a crush on Scarlett for a while, but that seems to have faded...although they did keep the big mules company when they were in the "sick bay" the other day...I think it was just so that they could get out of the rain and into the barn...but I could be wrong!  ( :

Patron and Tari...he is sniffing her ankles...still does it! '08
Donkey's rule!!
Jack Jack attack! '09

M-Kitty and Jack Jack...they both look soo happy!! '10

No comments: