Saturday, March 28, 2015

Would You Believe....

That it's spring time in North Idaho and not a single game cam at any of the pawn shops that I stopped at?  The hopeful side of me was.  
The cynical side said, "Duh, everyone's back to work and it's tax season!  There will be nothing good in the pawn shops at this time..."  That side of me was correct.  Nothing!
Sooo, now I have to decide what "real" dollar amount I want to put on my "sleuthing".  
Cheaping out is now no longer an option!  LOL!!

I figured out Friday where the crow's nest is.  It is easily in sight of the dinner post, but on the neighbors property not ours.  It's the tall tree on the left, kind of behind the tree on the right.  If you look really closely or enlarge the picture, you can see the nest.
No chicks yet.
As a side note, when reading up on crows and their behavior, I read that they can/do hatch white chicks...
but usually kill them.  It is extremely rare for anyone to ever see a white crow because the parents cull them.
Smart and weird...


On the flip side of that little set back, Kase and I were out "working" today (Saturday) and saw someone who is definitely capable of bringing in a cat...  Just as Shirley suggested.
A bald eagle!! 
Unfortunately for me, I only had a cell phone...and that bird looked just like a spec of pepper!  LOL!
I really hope that he/she will be around tomorrow when we're out.  I'll have my camera with a fully charged battery, and I'll be able to snap a few pictures of it!
Those birds are amazing!
Way back when I lived on the farm at the landlord's we had an eagle that hung out for the entire summer.  
It was awesome!  I got a few pictures of it, they weren't great but I did get them!!

Now, to decide if I want to pay full retail for a game cam...
And to see if I'm lucky enough to get a picture of a Bald Eagle!!


2 comments:

Shirley said...

Cabelas has some for 100, maybe put it out on FB in your local area and see if someone has a used one?
Hope you get some eagle pics!

Kellie said...

Eagles could definitely bring that cat in. In AK Eagles would routinely haul off small dogs, not even kidding. Good idea to see if some folks in your area have one you could borrow.