Friday, April 3, 2015

And The Feasting Continues!

I failed to catch a glimpse of the eagle on Friday.
But it was pretty loud in our usually quiet neighborhood.
The Motorcycle Neighbor had all of his friends out riding his track.
The Shooting Neighbor had all of his friends out at his range squeezing off everything from .22 to .338. 
Then Chad and I were trying to burn some of our piles, so I just assume that the eagle decided to lay low until we had all quieted down and went inside.
 
 Wednesday the eagle finally stopped and had lunch.
I'm not sure what kind of tweety bird fell victim to it's appetite.
It looked bigger than a robin, but maybe it was a robin...or a kill deer...
Who knows!
 
 
When I arrived at the pasture to get Fiona out, she was sniffing the wing and pushing it around with her nose.
I thought she was a weirdo.
But after I got her out and fed, Remi took over her sniffing and pushing job.
She seemed quite serious about it, not playful like Fiona.
"This," her face said, "is serious business!"
Her serious business lasted until I put out her feed.
Then.......

 
....well, you guessed it, the Hee-Haws took over. 
The don't get to eat until Horse Girl decides to go and eat with Remi.
So they have a few minutes of "down time" until their snack is available.
(I do wonder though, what kind of information they were collecting from their investigation!)
 
 
And when they got to eat, Seven stole off with the wing.
We of course can all guess what Seven did with the wing.  /0;
 
I have also decided that my desire to catch the diner in the act is great enough to purchase a new game cam.
 
 


1 comment:

Kellie said...

HOLY lol Yes I imagine Seven made short work of that leftover wing. Can't wait till you get your cam!