Saturday, March 14, 2015

Got All Fired Up...

....And couldn't find the keys to my locked pick-up.
I'd let Kase play in it a few days previous to discovering it was locked.  All 4 doors...
The keys are kept in the visor, because they have a house key on them to keep me from locking myself out of the house.  And to keep it easy for us to move the truck if we were in some sort of hurry and it was in the way.

Our burn pile is still smoldering thanks to the stumps that were in it.  Kase and I go and "feed" it everyday.  I kind of think he will be sad when it's finally out!

Chad keeps his spare key at work, because he doesn't like to have too many keys on his key ring.
Why at his desk at work.
Because.  That is why.

Great minds at work...

Sooo, I report to Chad that I'm locked out as soon as I discover it.
I was kinda bummed because I was going to haul some various trash from around the place and pick up a half ton square bale of hay from the hay broker up the street.
He says he will look for them when he can remember.

Now they're mobile!!

Good enough, the time has passed and I won't really have time until the following weekend to get hay or do the cleaning and dump run.
That weekend comes and goes, but it was cold and windy and until it was nearly over, I'd forgotten that I needed the extra key.

It really was fantastic weather last weekend!!

Soooo, last weekend Chad rips apart his desk.  His shelves to the left of his desk.  The drawers in the filing cabinet and every nook and cranny in the office to no avail.
He reports back to me that it's a lost caused.
So I start tearing apart my car.
All of the little hidey spots that I have and nothing.
All of the little hidey spots that Kase has...
Nothing.

Queen of the dirt mound!!

On Sunday we were all heading out to start a burn pile and do some work on the driveway and I was complaining about Chad's loss of the spare key and he starts on me about letting the kid play in the truck and not paying attention... And did I look everywhere... and blah, blah, blah, BLAH!!
I say yes I did, blah, blah, blah, BLAH!
Then Chad starts digging through the pockets on my coat and pulls out they keys to my pickup.

It is really TOO early for this kind of dust!!
And yesterday I killed a mosquito on Remi!!

REALLY?!!?

Yes, really.

And now this weekend after all of that beautiful weather, it's raining cats and dogs.
Oh, well.
What's another week?

LOL!!

Get yer ass movin'!
This picture cracks (pun intended) me up!!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

lol The keys were in your pocket! I can laugh at that only because a similar incident happened to me and man was I irritated. Glad I'm not the only one who does stuff like that.

We need to do a little burn too. They Hubby is always nervy about doing them though. Lots of stories around here that folks have them and they get out of hand and burn down the house, race across a field ect...

Kase is sure getting big! What a handsome boy :)

Great get your ass movin pic