Tuesday, March 24, 2015

O.K. It Just Got Creepy....

If you're squeamish, don't scroll down and look at the pictures at the bottom of this post.


Jack-Jack says you've been forewarned!!  

I came to the horse pasture to take care of my horses and found another kill.  Kinda fresh, kinda not.
It wasn't there this morning when I left for work.
So it was dropped off on the post between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm.


This picture was taken after I cleaned up the post.  Funny thing the horses were hanging out waiting for us with the "ick" right there for all to see.  Maybe they don't like cats...

It was so gruesome and shocking, that it totally stopped me in my tracks...
I looked at it in sheer disbelief...
Really, it shocked the crap outta me.
And I'm a farm kid... The butcher your own animals farm kid.
I also worked in an out patient facility and took samples to the lab.
I'm not squeemish, or usually jumpy about blood, guts, bones, bits, and pieces....


Just trying to give you a chance to turn back...  I don't want you to not like me if you accidentally see the pictures at the end of this post!

I haven't heard or seen the hawks for about a week or maybe a little more.
But this is defiantly the work of a  large bird. 
Or maybe the El Chupacabra...


Abbi is also a little bit creeped out by the whole experience today...  She may need a doggy downer to get to sleep tonight!!

All I know for certain is that, it wasn't our cat...











This is your last warning to proceed at your own risk....














Yikes!!  I told you!!
I am going to see if I can find someone to lend me a game cam!!






2 comments:

Shirley said...

The time frame probably rules out owls. Red tailed hawks are pretty aggressive, might take a cat- do you have eagles in the area? They are travelling through here lately. Sure hope you get a game cam, it will be interesting to see!

Kellie said...

Holy CRAP!!! WOW! That would freak me out too! Good luck finding a game cam!