Monday, March 23, 2015

Sooo.....

How do I tell Kase that the Easter Bunny bought the farm?
(I have been dieing to share these pictures with that comment... But can't put it on FaceBook because I'll end up offending someone...  /0: )
Wow, it was just as fun to type as I thought it'd be!  
LOL!!


I'm still feeding Fiona up after her weight dropped with her bad teeth.... I'll try to write about that here shortly....
Anywhoo, I was taking Fi from the pasture to the stall for her grain and I saw this rabbits foot.  
My first thought was, "Oh, no!  Seven murdered one of the neighbor's kid's pet rabbit!"
 (Since we lost Kage, Seven has been trying to find herself and she has been a handful at times...)
I don't know who may have a rabbit, but now I'm thinking about hiding the evidence AND keeping Kase from finding it and trying to play with it.


I am feeding the other kids some alfalfa pellets and cubes so that they don't feel left out with Fi getting pulled for extra feed.  So after Fiona was secured and fed, Kase interested in a new puddle, I went in to feed everyone else.  I dumped the feed and exited the gate only to notice yet another rabbits foot.  Pretty much in the same condition as the first one I spotted...only on the other side of the gate.
Upon seeing the second one, I decided that Seven was probably NOT to blame for stealing some child's happiness, but a little bit of Mother Nature at work...


Then I looked at the top of the post.
It was someone's dinner table.
Well not just some anonymous someone...  One of the two hawks that have moved into our neighborhood.
I've seen them hassling the crows that we have around here.
So I'm guess that they are an old married couple and they needed a date night.  
Since the feet arrived on Tuesday, they have also eaten or prepped for their chicks... a mouse on this post.
I think I need a game cam or something so I can watch them.
I'd really like to get a picture or two of them.
Good pictures, not those far away, can you guess what it is pictures!  (0:
We will see though, as they have started logging less than a quarter mile from the house, and who knows where the hawks were making their home...
Dang it!



1 comment:

Shirley said...

My first thought was an owl.
Yeah what is it with FB- I swear people troll through it looking for things to get all offended and high 'n' mighty about.