Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Sister Calls And Says....

Can I bring my cat out to your barn, its mean and we are tired of it biting us.  We can't keep it and don't want to take it to the pound or anything like that.  I told her bring the cat and some food for it...also is it spayed?


She said no problem on the food and no its not spayed, but its been to the vet.  Its 6 or 7 months old and the size of a 3 month old cat.  The vet said that she is so small, she may never come into heat or need to be spayed.  Hmmmm, I say.  Bring it, but I can't guarantee when you come out again, you'll see it running around.  We don't care either way she says.  OK, see ya then.


They put the cat in its bed, in a box, and into the trunk of their car and drove her an hour to our house.  We set the tiny little thing up in one of the stalls with all of her things and left.  They stayed for about an hour and then went home. 
After they were gone I told Chad the cat really was tiny and I kinda felt bad leaving out there.  He said well if you can catch it bring it in.  Long as it doesn't tear up the furniture it can stay.  Of course I am a softy and when I found her that next night, I brought her in. 


The dogs aren't sure why. 
I am not sure why. 
Chad is just keeping his mouth shut. 
The cat is pleasant enough.  No aggressive behavior.  Slaps Seven on the snout when she gets too close.  Knows that she will fit into Kages mouth, so slapping him may not be the best idea....so she just poofs up and growls...  Abbi hasn't even acknowledged that the cat exists, so no big deal there.
BUT, oh yes, there is a but!!  The damn cat won't stay off of the counters.  I can't really chase her off as Kage would snag her mid-leap and give her the "air plane spin" and that would be all she wrote for the cat...  I found her licking dishes and sniffing the coffee pot yesterday more than once.


I like cats, but don't have to have one to live...  And this cat is NO M-Kitty...  A good cat is priceless, and a bad cat isn't worth the food you feed it.  Where is this cat?  Somewhere in the middle I suppose.  We will see...


I have called my sister twice, once to tell her I am a weak sack and brought the cat inside and once to ask her if she was sure that she dropped off a mean cat.  It seems to be pretty nice since its arrival.  She assured me both time that the cat is just sucking me in.  Once I am unexacting, it will nail me...


But I can't help but think Kacey is the one that sucked me in and nailed me...  With a cat that won't stay off of the counters...not a mean cat.  But a manner less cat.  Its too cold right now to put her out the entire day we are at work.  At maybe 4lbs she doesn't have much to keep her warm, even if she does go into the barn.  She was hiding in the hay shivering when I found her on Wednesday night, it was 20 out...


But spring is just around the corner...and then she will find herself outside enjoying the weather!  (o:  So call me Aunt Weak Sack...bringing in a castaway cat...  Now I have to disinfect my counters to just poor a glass of milk.  Ugh!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your doggies! So expressive and yes the cat too! Nice blog, thanks for stopping by mine...