Monday, July 26, 2010

Another Week Down...

And the circus is still in town!


The Land Lord interviewed some more people, decided they were "the ones".  He had them out for another "interview" and decided that they needed to borrow my Danger to show them around the farm.  I let him "show off" for them.  After they drove around the farm, he decided that they should come in and see the trailer.  No warning, no time to clean the house...and to top it all off, we were in the middle of dinner.  Not only did he want them to look around, he wanted me to "show" them the place.  Lovely, Chad almost popped a cork.  I just smiled and led them through the place.


As I led them through the place, I let them know that the washer, dryer, and kitchen stove were ours.  I told them that the bathroom and kitchen sinks leek, and we just put something under them to catch the water and empty them regularly.  The walls were warped through out, the wood stove was more or less burned out.  It doesn't hold heat well and you have to stay on top of it or you could have the house either 200 degrees or minus 20.  I showed them where the crack was in the front of the stove, and suggested that maybe replacing the firebrick in it could help.


We walked down the hall and I pointed out the warped wall and such.  Then they cornered me in the rear bathroom and asked me how the Land Lord was about weekends off.  I told them that Chad and I usually get the big jobs done during the weekend and work on the little jobs during the week.  They told me they like to leave for the weekend and go camping.  So I told them that the horses are less work in the summer, so they probably wouldn't have too much trouble taking a weekend or two here and there. 


I explained to them how I worked it when I was gone for a few days.  They then told me well we have to have a month off for elk hunting each season...  I said a whole month?!  Yes they leave on the first of October and don't come back until the first of November.  My first thought was that they must be throwing rocks at the damn things to need an entire month to get an elk each.  ( I guess that I should interject here, that I grew up in Northern Idaho.  We have avid hunters in our family.  I know people who only eat wild game...so I know these two yahooos don't need an entire month to hunt for food.  They need that much time because they are "horn" hunting.  If its not a trophy bull, they aren't going to put it in there sites.  Puuhlllleeease.)


I decided to skip telling the Land Lord, it was his problem either way.  Well, when they sprung it on him...he balked and now we are back to square one on the replacements.  I think he enjoys the attention he's getting from all of these strangers.  But what do I know?


Our house appraisal finally happened on Friday...we will get the paperwork today.  I can't wait...man oh, man I am ready to bale.  We still have to have the Engineer inspect the foundation on Tuesday afternoon, but its already passed the county inspection a few years ago, so I can't imagine it not passing this time...  God I hope it doesn't fail...I will probably need Prozac if it does. 


Anyhoooo  if all goes like its supposed to, we should sign our papers on either Thursday or Friday.  The paperwork says we are set to close Friday.  I am not sure these people will give us an extension...they have a fu@king cash offer on the table right behind ours....  Just thinking about it makes me want to vomit.  So happy thoughts today, that the house appraises for our offer...happy thoughts tomorrow that the foundation passes WTF ever it needs to, and happy thoughts on Thursday that we are signing our paperwork a day early!  I would be SO happy if we were moving in by Chad's birthday.  But we will see...not sure, if we had stipulations on when they were to leave.  We are open to giving them a week or two to get their stuff together and moved out.  As long as I know I get to leave here, I will be fine for a few more days...but no more than 14 of 'em!  LOL!!  ( :


So now that that's off my chest...  Mindy's husband's birthday is this week, so hoping to make a quick trip to the coast to see them and the worlds cutest little boy next weekend. (After we have signed on our house!!)...oh and pick up a cat Mindy "found" and wants us to have.  She looks a lot like M-Kitty....  Unfortunately shes not spayed, hoping that there aren't any babies in the belly.  Guess we will cross that bridge when we come to it!  ( :


Rode Tari two days last week.  Caught her up on Saturday to ride and find her with a swollen knee and Fiona with a swollen hock.  Makes you wonder what the girls have been doing out in the pasture...dip sticks.  Neither was too bad, but not great either...so no riding either one of them until they have normal limbs. 


Its also fairly hot here...93.  Now I know that there are a lot hotter places, but for us, its pretty warm.  I usually don't ride much when its this hot...I just fly wipe, check the salt and water, and sweat.  Yeah, I'm pretty good at sweating!  LOL!! 


We did get a pretty good rain on Tuesday....we all appreciated it!!


So stay tuned for some pretty cute baby pictures coming to a computer screen near you!!


2 comments:

Karen V said...

I would LOVE some rain. Last night 100 degrees at 9:45.

It was 103.5 today.

Supposed to have a cold front come through tomorrow or the next day. That should drop our temps down to 97. WOOT!

I sweat just breathing. It's costing me a small fortune in soap and shampoo.

Good luck on the house. Fingers, toes, paws and hooves crossed here!

Nikker said...

Yikes- 103.5!!! No thanks you, I'll keep the 90's! ( :

The appraiser was late, late, late! He just submitted the danm thing today 7-27 at 4 p.m. We had to push back the engineer...and it looks like we will have to BEG for an extension, that is if the house appraises for the offer.

This is painful! ( :

Thanks for the good wishes!

I just keep trying to remind myself that these people are just people and are probably trying as hard as they can... Although I admit, Evil Nikki thinks that they are just incompetant boobs.