Monday, July 12, 2010

I Can Die Happy Now

Last Sunday afternoon, Charmayne James said I had a very nice horse....

Never mind that she said she loves all horses.

She said Tari was a very nice horse. 

Right after we made our last "run"...she gave me some final instruction to think about and said, "You have a very nice horse.  Keep practicing."  I of course smiled, shook her hand, thanked her for the best time EVER, and chocked back a few tears of joy/pride as we rode out of the arena.  Never mind we loped, didn't run...had the wrong lead on the second....switched to the correct for the third...then we went back to the backside of the first, picked up the correct lead and re-ran the last two barrels...they were a little ugly...oh, well!  That's why we go to clinics...to learn!!

I think I'll keep that compliment close to my heart for a few years.

In all honesty, this was the BEST clinic I have ever attended.  Charmayne is a real person, who had the drive to succeed.  She is a great motivator and is able to make you feel like you can take the world.  She likes everyone and puts on a clinic that makes you feel like your best friend is helping you.  She told us to wake up everyday and be a better/kinder person than we were the day before.

Her staff rocks as well.  Heather, her right hand woman is the bomb.  A wee bit more on the wild side, but friendly and helpful.  I learned more about my horses teeth and how my horses teeth tie into her entire well being and happiness than I would have ever imagined.  Randy the Equine Dentist absolutely loves his job, loves to teach, and was willing to help any way he could.  He even offered to take post dated checks if someone couldn't afford their horses work in one shot.  He was busy working all three days...  Tari needed some work, but due to the fact that we were only at 27 days gestation....I got a card though....for later... I also learned a lot about horse nutrition and chiropractic care.  It was an all around great clinic.

If one is ever in your area, audit it at the very least, even if its for only a few hours.  It will be one of the best experiences of your life. 


Oh...and, Wyatt would like you to know, that...  Charmayne James said his Aunt Nikki had a very nice horse!!

5 comments:

Harriet said...

It is so useful reading about peoples experiences and the care needed and administred! Equine dentists are quite expensive so it is great someone like Randy does a payment plan like this. I recently gave my horse myself a float using some Carbide Saw Blades. I'm thinking about writing a blog about it. Keep posting and we all have nice horses! ;-)

Nikker said...

Harriet, You are so right, reading each others experiences really is beneficial! I would read your blog! I know our horses are very nice...my could even be classified as "special"! LOL!! ( :

yanmaneee said...

moncler
coach outlet
jordan 12
100% real jordans for cheap
nike off white
curry shoes
off white
golden goose outlet
longchamp handbags
golden goose sneakers

wene said...

go to these guys Dolabuy Loewe find more dolabuy.co these details replica bags online

Anonymous said...

jordan shoes
supreme outlet
kevin durant shoes
paul george shoes
jordan retro
hermes
off white jordan
off white hoodie
kyrie irving shoes
hermes