Monday, July 19, 2010

Last Weeks Stuff

Well, this last week has been really fun.

Got this oldy out...its from 2006.  She was soooo expressive!
Not really.  This week has been a circus.

This one is from 2006 as well!  Its not too often that I can actually catch Horse Girl being crabby!

We made yet another offer on yet another house (3 weeks ago, its set to close on the 30th of July).   Yep...this is our third one that has went past offer made, offer excepted.  This is the SECOND house that we have had the home inspection done on (got a discount from the home inspectors since we used the same people twice...a whopping $25...its the thought that counts though), this will be the second house that we will have an appraisal done on.  I have my fingers crossed that this will be the LAST house we have to mess around with and the FIRST house we will own.  Its been less than fun and the stress is ever mounting!

Gratuitous Becky shot.  Note Horse Girl scratching her big butt on the hay stack!

Of course I told the Land Lord that we were trying to buy a house, so he is trying to find a replacement for me.  Yeah, like that is possible!!  ( :  In order to find someone to "manage" the ranch, he ran an add in the Nickels Worth (Our local free to you cheap for the guy listing add circular).  It reads, Want A Farm?  Use mine.  80 acre horse/mule rancher needing manager.  Animal/farming opportunities.  And his phone number.  Apparently every "hillbilly" in North Idaho has responded to this add.  Not to worry though, he has told them to come on out and look around.  So every night when I come home, someone new is in the driveway.  It sucks.  He has promised to meet some and forgotten, had some come out and then been too busy to talk to them right away and left them standing in the driveway until they decided to just leave.  Its NOT OK.  Oh, and his hay has begun to be delivered...BUT he wants to do it himself.  Yeah, called me three times to come home early and help him so far...I said no.  I will help, but on my terms... UGH.

The Hee Haws, waiting to go eat some grass!

Then there is the matter of my cat.  M-Kitty hasn't been home in 11 days.  She is old, and used to do this kind of stuff 5 years ago, but she was usually hanging out in the barn and would come out and greet me when I was down there...no such visits.  I'm bummed....I loved that cat.

Checking the "hay cart" for the fines while keeping her butt on the hay pile.  This mare loves to scratch her rump!

Tari went to see Dr. Peters for her 30 baby check.  I saw the heartbeat!!  Yipppeeeee!  We are having a baby at our NEW house.  I can say that because we have 10 months to get the hell outta here!  ( :  I didn't see a penis, so I think that Mindy is going to get her filly after all!  RIGHT????  ( :

Scratching her side and my saddle on the fence.  This horse rubs on everything...but no clinical signs of allergies...just a busy body I guess.  Note her boots no longer match after the destruction of the right front white boot, I haven't ventured out to find a replacement...not in any big hurry!

Rode Tari and ponied Fiona Sunday.  Fiona was a dork...  Apparently her face was really itchy.  Then the saddle was really heavy.  So while I was saddling Tari she tried to lay down.  I stopped her, but she tried several more times before we finally hit the road.  My plan was to pony her up the road and around this little loop and then go to the neighbors and ride in his large round pen.  While we were riding she was good at the trot, but when we walked she was all over Tari.  Tari was spastic for some reason...so she needed some "support" and when I started helping her, Fiona would start rubbing and crowding and being a pest.  Tari then would try and bite her.  I was really wishing that she would correct Fiona's touchy feely crap with a swift kick to her chest or the like, but nooooo.  We just argued back and forth and threw fits the entire way up the road.  Then the neighbor had his tractor out reworking his drive way so we couldn't get in there and ride in the round pen, which I think would have been good for everyone, but we rode home instead. 

Fiona would like for me to point out that she was sweating though, and that kind of sweat makes a girl itch.

We were out for an hour too bad it wasn't two, maybe three.  Guess we win some and we loose some!  I've gotta get that Fiona thinking like a "big girl" rather than the baby.  I am just not sure how to do that....yet.  I really do love this crazy filly regardless.  Tari is a gem too.  Horse Girl, shes special as well!!  And my oh, my how special are those donkeys?  ( :    (Would hate to leave anyone out!)

No comments: