Saturday, April 10, 2010

Rant

 I totally love my farrier.  As he is working on my horses we chat.  We chat about his wifes sport horses,  their mini, his morgan hunting horse, and anything else that comes up. 

While we were finishing up with Horse Girl, I got the Land Lord's mule Tequilla out for a trim.  This is where we both got heated up...she is more or less a victim of neglect...

The Land Lord had a friend borrow Tequilla last June.  He returned the mule and she sat for the rest of the summer enjoying the good life.  But the shoes weren't pulled... The Land Lord had his farrier out for the big mules and for his horses.  I had mine out for my girls and donkeys.  The shoes stayed on... I asked the Land Lord if he wanted me to have Tequilla done while Jim was out last (November).  He told me nope, he would have his guy do her when he had the Big Mules snow shoes put on.  Fair enough.

Fast forward to January.  I say to the Land Lord that Tequilla still has shoes on and its hard to keep the snow out of her shoes...he says oh, I forgot to get her taken care of when Brett was out in Dec.  Uh, NO REALLY...I HADN'T NOTICED.  But he says he will have someone get to her ASAP. 

When the weather got really good in Febuary he had shoes put on Tony.  I said hey did Brett forget about Tequilla.  He says no, I did...but I will call my buddy Jerry out...he will help us out. 

Now here we are in March and Jerry shows up, but the weather is terrible.  He and the Land Lord end up tying one on in the cabin due to poor weather conditions...even though there is pleanty of room in the hay barn for that little mule and the owner and farrier....but the Land Lord swears that he hasn't forgotten  about the little mule.

Finally, I have my spring appointment for my herd. (Cancelled several times...but we finally made this one!!)  I decide that I am going to get this handled because for whatever reason the Land Lord just can't.  Now he owes me for the trim.... $35.  I am soooo pissed at him.  I will not miss this shit when Chad and I get our own place...

I got some before pictures, but forgot to get the afters...but trust me, they are much better.

So here is me outing the Land Lord!!  ( :












M-Kitty is so disgusted!!  Yikes!!  She would also like to point out that she noticed that all the shoes but one held on the entire time...that really chaps her hide!!

No comments: