Tuesday, April 13, 2010

He's BAAAAAck!!

TAAAAADAAAAAAA!!!

I noticed him while I was getting the horses, mule, and donkeys situated for the farrier.  I snapped a few pictures from the barn yard and then decided to get a little bit closer.

As I got closer I realized that all but one of the geese had taken flight at his arrival.  And that it seemed as though the Eagle was watching that goose....Hmmmm....about that time Abbi and Kage noticed that the one goose was still in the pond too.  So they decided to take care of that and move the honking fowl off the water....



He really didn't go far.  I thought to myself is this bird some sort of mental fowl?  It went to the fence line you can see in this picture and then just sat there...squacking.  The Eagle just watched the dogs and the goose then turned his gaze back to the pond...then the little light in my head went off.  Its slow to light some days, but it burns pretty bright when its finally ignited!!  LOL!



The goose that the dogs chased has a wife and kids in the nest!

Well, the kids aren't here just yet, but when the arrive...well I am sure they will hit the pond and become some sort of Eagle delicacy.  I don't know where the rest of the geese are nesting...but he may have himself some sort of baby snatching route he is working on!  Which leads me to wonder about the two duck couples that usually have ducklings out here...  I do like the ducks...just not the geese and turkeys!

He finally got tired of me bugging him and left for the day...sure is fun to see him!!  ( :





1 comment:

Karen V said...

FREAKIN AWESOME!!!