Sunday, November 24, 2013

Now Falls Frozen!


So I turned 39 on Saturday.  It doesn't seem right...usually my birthday is closer to Thanksgiving.  So had it not been for my mom, I honestly may have forgotten my birthday...and so would have Chad...and Flops Like Fish!  (0:  
Now I wouldn't intentionally forget my birthday because I'm getting older...  That's just life.  I'm good with aging.  I feel like I'm 25 for the most part...  Chad says I act like I'm 16 most days...
So that's not too bad, right?  (0:


I usually make birthday resolutions, rather than New Year's Resolutions.  I feel like it's a bit more original...
But as I've said before their not set in stone types of things.  Just like a to do if I can list.  No reason to set myself up to fail!!
I'm working on this...I'm blaming my almost forgetting my birthday as the reason I'm a wee bit behind on this!


What did I get for my birthday?  
A washer and dryer.  Maybe I am getting old...  (0:
I got Chad 6 lbs of gun powder for his birthday.  Are we weird?
Probably, lets not answer that!!


Took the dogs for a run today...  It was 9;00 am and warmed up to a whopping 29.
It's been pretty dang cold.  But at least it wasn't snowing!
I know we need snow, but I'd rather it wait until we get back from Thanksgiving before it lets loose.
Makes it easier on our house sitter and easier on us while driving.


So this is what the scenery looked like....
I had no idea how gross this puddle was until I went through it.
I'm a fair weather quad/danger rider.  I don't climb hills, forge water or ice.  I like smooth even ground.
I tried to take the easiest route, but still ended up gripping the steering wheel and cussing like a sailor!
On the way back, I tried another route...ended up getting stuck and tossing Kage onto the floor...


He of course gave me a look like, "How dare you?"  I reassured him that if I had done it on purpose, he'd have been tossed entirely out of the Danger not just onto the floor.
I doubt he believed me, but trust me, I did not want to come to such an abrupt halt.  Nor did I want to toss him in the floor...
And in the list of things I didn't want to do, I also didn't want to have the small heart attach that I did when I thought I may be stuck in that ice mess.
Luckily reverse fixed our situation...


I can't even imagine Chad's response if I'd have called him to come help me...
(0:

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Belated happy birthday wishes! I remember my 39th, it depressed me much more than my 40th, I guess because I knew the next one would be 40 and there was no way of getting around it!