Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Fall Is Getting Snowed On! (0:



This isn't the "reflection" puddle, but you get the idea.  There would be no reflection on this dog run.  What cracks me up about this picture and the entire trip/run is the amount of tire tracks on this little road.  It's hunting season here.  Which I have NO problem with, but I do have to wonder...out loud...
Why would anyone think that they could hunt here successfully?


Are there deer here?  Yes, I've seen plenty.  Moose?  Yes, they are the reason I took my camera out on Sunday.  I was hoping the weather and the hunters would have them moving around some.  Elk?  Not sure, but seems like there should be some...
Are there joggers, horse back riders, kids riding motor bikes/snow mobiles/quads out there?  Why yes, yes there is/are!  
It's been my experience that ANY road directly off of a main highway and near 4 different housing developments is going to get A LOT of traffic.  Thus not conducive to good hunting.


But, then again, what do I know?  (0:  
I don't hunt...because I don't like venison...and I was raised that if you killed it, you ate it.
Do I think you should hunt?  Indeed I do!  (0:  That's why, even though I feel like its a waste of effort to hunt this road, I make sure I take the dogs out late, so as to not ruin anyone's chances.
And I still see 2 or 3 rigs with hunters.  I just smile and wave...
All the while thinking...
MORON!!  (0:


Every once in a while, it's not hunters looking for something, but hunters dropping off what they a;ready got.
This makes Seven pretty happy!  I find joy in watching her run all out, trying to not trip over her treasure.  Kage and Abbi don't have the enthusiasm to try and pack home a treasure...but for Seven, it's the little things that make her day!  (0:


These two pictures are out of order...  But about 6 weeks ago we had a wind storm come through.  It really didn't seem all that bad, but the tree on the left (lower picture) blew down.  Well partially down.  It got hung on the tree on the right.
The people who put in the barn really should have fell these trees then, OR built up the bank around them.
We opted to have both trees taken down rather than risk the second tree falling down.


And although this snow doesn't look like much, it was wet and heavy.  We got about 6 inches all together.  
It broke trees all over our place, as well as our area.  We ended up loosing power on Saturday for about 11 hours in a solid block and then it went off and on for the remainder of the day.  
We have a generator, so we had heat, lights, and internet.  (0:
The t.v. isn't plugged in to a generator fed outlet...but that's O.K.  We could unplug it and plug it in elsewhere.
I chose to surf the net for half of Saturday and go to work the other half.  (0:
Power wasn't out in town!!
As a side note, I saw 2 rigs off the road and on their sides.
Both Dodges.  Both lifted with big tires.  Both driven by men.
Hmmm...  (0:


I decided that I had better get more of my winterizing finished...
So I turned off faucets that we don't use, picked up hoses, hung hoses in tack room for watering the horses, plugged in water heater, plugged in tack room heater, picked up temporary fence, and turned on the heaters in the apartment.
Our power bill just rose $75...  (0:  
I love winter!  LMAO!!


Remi is so cute!
No one wanted to have their pictures taken on Sunday.  They just kept trying to get me to give them treats...  Or grain....  Or extra hay....  They stayed at the gate the entire time I was outside.  They all got an apple.  I am weak, but not too weak! 


We are still working on getting Fiona home.  
Mike decided to take a "winter" job...  So now we've got to schedule...
I am considering a hauler.
Sucks 'cause then I can't ride and hang with Mike and Erin...
And I will not get a lesson from Mike on how to ride my newly trained  horse!
(0:
I'll keep ya posted!  


2 comments:

Shirley said...

The local hunters here use our road to dump their carcasses too, but I keep my dogs away from all the scraps. The birds get most of it, and the coyotes.
We didn't get that snow here, just a couple of times some at night that would melt by noon. Odd that we are further north but you get more snow. Must be the elevation.

Kellie said...

Hunting season starts here tomorrow. There was a bow season a few weeks ago, but never really saw many hunters.
Our youngest wants to be a hunter, Daddo isn't much of a hunter anymore - so not sure how that is going to work out. Also I/we dont care for deer meat - we've got cow to eat lol

Sure is pretty around your area. Bummer the snow took down so many trees/branches. That always bums me out. They take so long to grow and can be leveled or totally changed in a short amount of time.