Saturday, January 19, 2013

Our Visitor

This fellow was sleeping in the back yard when the dogs and I got home today.
We woke him up and he started grazing.
He was a good sport about me taking pictures of him while Kage barked his fool head off and Seven stared out the window of the door whining.
I have several more pictures, but due to the 20 degree weather out side my camera started trying to go on strike...so they were pretty blurry...  )0:  Oh well.
This fella was at the house after we got home for about 45 minutes before moving on.
He tried to go up the driveway, but the girls were snorting, posturing, and running around he opted to leave out the side of the property where it was much quieter.  (0:




As you can see from the pictures, he has had the cartilage damage to his left ear.  And if you zoom in on his forehead, it looks like hes got a large scar running across above his eyes.  What ever his story, he moved sound, even jumped the mesh wire fence you see him eating over in the above picture, he seemed to have all his faculties, and was good natured


The girls were really NOT having any fun while Jeffery was hanging around! Yes I named him!!  (0:  They act like total freaks for days we have moose sightings.  I wonder what the moose smells/looks like to the horses.  Whatever it is, it must be B.A.D.  (0:





Seven peering out a very dirty window.  She uses it for looking in/out of constantly, thus the smears all over...
She really wanted to go out and meet the moose.  And by meet, she has followed another moose up the driveway before.  She joins up to them like a working dog following a horse.  She isn't trying to chase it, she just wants to go where it's going. 
She is so odd.
Of course if someone saw a pit bull following a moose, two paces to the left of it's hind foot keeping pace with it, they may wonder what's going on!  (0:










I guess I'm trying to use up all of my free blogger space quickly, but I can't help it!  (0:
Isn't he cool?  
I think so!!  (0:

The end!!

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Great Pictures! I haven't seen a moose in so long.

In AK I would go out to start the truck in the mornings and sometimes find a moose on it's front knees licking salt off the icy driveway.

Shirley said...

Jeffrey looks to be in pretty good shape. Moose are interesting creatures, I know someone who had an orphan moose that he raised up and saddle trained.

Nikker said...

Kellie- Moose are just neat! (0: We seem to have several of them that make this area home. Chad is convinced that this moose is the calf from the first winter we were here. I have no idea how to tell how old a moose it, so I guess it could be.

Shirley- I've seen the viral e-mails that showed a man riding a moose in an English saddle, and also on with a fellow using one like a plow horse... So you knowing someone that actually raised and rode one, gives me hope that maybe they were real! (0: I would LOVE to touch ones nose, that big snout just intrigues me to no end!