Saturday, January 5, 2013

My Year In Review

January
So when I started this, I was going to go through my blogs and see just exactly went on.  Then I decided to just put some pictures up, and see if it jogged my memory.  :0)  I'm sure my memory is not exact...  Chad likes to tell me that I remember stuff the way I wanted it to happen.  What ever...!!
Looking at these, I see January was just like this one, snowy and cold.  Go figure.



February
We laid my Grandpa Wyatt to rest.
Wyatt turned 2.  
Mom, dad, Grandma Watson, Chad, and I all went to celebrate,  It was a hoot.  Hopefully this February we ALL will make it there again and have even more fun!  The older Wyatt gets, the more fun we can all have!!


March
I started riding, I'm pretty sure... It's my goal month to step on and ride off every year, so I must have started riding in March!  LOL!!
Fiona went to Brian's to get some wet saddle blankets that I just couldn't give her.  I also picked up Sally from Brian's for Mindy and hauled her home to my sister's so she could get a little rest before going to The BRC's for more training!



April
My dad had a birthday and so did Kage!!  I really was for SURE riding this month!!
Yeehaw!!
Remi is so broke you just step on and start legging her up.
Tari was a beast.  Taking the year off to have Speedy was harder on her than I would have thought.  Not, she apparently enjoyed the cushy life..
  She decided to start crow hopping.  It was definitely a pathetic attempt, but she is still working on it. Apparently she is a believer in the if once you don't succeed try, try again.  Dingy mare.  She is sound sane and mostly unproven and with a stud cold on the ground trying to keep his man parts, she needs to do SOMETHING!!




May
My nephew Chris and Abbi had a birthday this month!  :0)
Mindy and Wyatt came to visit again.  Checking on their horses at The BRC's and visiting us.  We had a houseful that weekend. (Aunt) Kathy Jo and Grandma Jo, mom, dad, Kacey, Jeremy, and their brood all stopped by to have lunch and visit.  It was awesome!  We used to have what we called FlopsLikeFishPallooza in September, where we all would head to Sandpoint for the Draft Horse Festival, but family schedules changed and we haven't done it for the last two years...  This was close though.




June
My Niece Olivia had a birthday this month!
I think this is the month that I went to swing shift...but I'm not sure, it was soo much fun you know!  
This is also the month that  I went down one horse, hoping to come back up one horse if you know what I mean!  I met some really nice, good, honest people on this trip.






July
Freddy...Wyatt's dad had a birthday this month!
Mindy and Wyatt and I helped at The BRC's first barrel race in Deer Park.
This could be the month that I worked night shift...  Goodness, I just can't remember...
What I really remember is that July was hot!  :0)
The Hee-Haws finally shed off... July is there one month that they can really look their best!  Cute as can be before they start hairing back up!
This is also the month that Mindy and I made a trade, her barrel saddle for 1/2 ownership of Tari.  I know some are shaking their heads...but we've got it worked out.  We aren't afraid to call b.s. on each other and frequently agree to disagree.  We have a plan for the mare and also a set buy out price should one of us need to get out...




August
Chad had a birthday this month and so did Seven!
We got our round bales in, and the dogs got to play farm dogs for a few hours at someone else's farm.  Gary's a true gem!
Mindy and I hauled Horse Girl home this month, hopeful that there was a baby on board!


September
We found out that there was no baby on board...but I still refuse to believe it until April.  That prissy little donkey of a vet did nothing to make me want to trust/believe her...
The BRC had her second and final race of the year, and again Mindy, Wyatt, and I helped out.  Again it was awesome!!



October
Mindy had a birthday!
Chad and I had an anniversary.
Mindy, Wyatt, and The BRC and family came to Spokane for the Ain't Dun Yet Barrel Race.  We all camped out at the Spokane County Fair Grounds and had a pretty fun time!  It was Tari's first exhibition run.   She did some looking and gawking, but over all was just fine.  She even managed to not crow hop during her pattern!  :0)



November
I had a birthday!
Our water system in the barn got a little work.
Chad and I spent Thanksgiving with Mindy, Wyatt, and Fred.
Great food, great fun!
I also reconnected with my friend Mike Glick.
And in an attempt to get Mike talked into taking Fiona in the spring to get her more or less finished, I ended up agreeing to take her to him the first weekend in December.







December
My mom and my sister Kacey had birthdays!
We made our regular pilgrimage to my parents to spend Christmas with everyone who could make it.
Had yet another great holiday, but had to leave Christmas night to get home in time for work the next morning.  I really hate having Christmas in the beginning of the week!  Makes it so hard to stay and enjoy time off!









And that was more or less my year.
Not too bad over all I'd say!
Now, I don't do New Year's Resolutions, because I feel like its just a great way to set yourself up for failure.  Lots of pressure to get things done that you may or may not be able to do...
But I'm not gonna lie, I've got a list of to do's for the year.
To do's are different because they aren't goal put out there with time limitations on them.
And that's my story and I'm sticking to it!  :0)
My to do list reads something like this...

Try and get lean to built for horses this year.
Try and get some veggies to grow and produce this year.
Ride more.

There are a few mot things, but you get the drift, all sensible, doable, and realistic! 
:0)












5 comments:

Shirley said...

Looks like you got spammed in the comment above mine- gah!
Sure hope your mare is packing a foal... if not, I will have a couple for you to look at! I enjoyed the photo essay of your year, that little boy is so photogenic; love the leaning on the fence one.
Hope you get lots of good riding in this year!

Kellie said...

Definitely a good year!

I so love all your pictures. Did you end up going back to blogger/google and paying to upload your pictures? I haven't yet but am really considering it since it is SUCH a HUGE pain in my butt to have to upload them to another source first before getting the over to the blog. Not to mention I don't like the way the pictures look about a week after I post them on the blog, kind of like they are distorted? Just don't look right to me - but I'm so cheap.. I don't know.. Since I got the kindle for xmas (which I still haven't gotten quite figured out) I've read a little hear and there that Amazon has this cloud thing that works well. Have to do some more investigating on it though to know what is what..


I sure hope you get a lot of riding in this year too :)

Nikker said...

Shirley- They have been spamming the crap out of my older posts...Makes me flat look like a drug dealer!
I can't wait for your foal crop, love looking at your horses, and wouldn't mind buying the right one...but I really hope this paint mare has one of her own! :0)
Kellie- I haven't done a darn thing about blogger. It hasn't slapped my hand in a while. I am guessing that the New Year is a reset on our usage. I am starting off hogging it up for sure! I too am cheap...why can't this space just be free?! :0)

Kellie said...

im gonna have to try uploading directly to blogger!!! fingers crossed it works!!

Nikker said...

DO IT Kellie!! ;0)