Friday, July 13, 2012

Trying To Get It Right


In my attempt to get rid of Remi's dry spots over her whithers, I am now on my 6th saddle pad and my second saddle.
This saddle pad is an Air Ride...Professional Choice I believe.  I bought it used.  It was supposed to be ridden in maybe 15 times...  I think that that was an understatement, but it's condition isn't too bad.  Just more used than I thought I was getting.
The saddle is Mindy's that she is selling.  Most likely selling to me... (0:
I had used this saddle before I got the saddle pad, and I noticed that she seemed moving freer in it than my other saddle.  She seemed more comfortable and happier in it, even though she still had some dry spots when I tried all the other pads with this saddle, it seems to be a better fit for her all the way around.
Once I introduced the new to me pad, the spots have all but gone.  It doesn't seem like they are gone entirely, but much much smaller.  They went from the size of my palm to the size of a nickel or so.  I wonder if the scar tissue from her old saddle soars make her sweat less there in those areas...  Because over all she seems much happier under saddle!  
So any one want to buy my Connie Combs?  (0:  LOL!
I will posting it for sale on BHW where I bought it from and also probably Craig's List after I get some pictures of it.
Over all I am pretty excited that I may have gotten all of this sorted out.  Too bad it took me so long.  Sorry Remi!


Yet again another weird picture.  When I look at it in my files, it all looks fine.  But once I transfer it from my computer to blogger, it gets wonkey.  Hmmm...
Who knows!


3 comments:

Mindy7102 said...

She Looks Stunning!

Kellie said...

She is gorgeous!

Nikker said...

Thanks ladies!
It is so hard for me to understand why anyone would have dropped her off in a kill pen... She is a REALLY NICE horse! She definitely has a forever home here.