Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Hope Everyone Had A Great Christmas!!

I'll bore you with some Christmas pictures a little later on!!  (0:

I got this lovely gift a wee bit before Christmas from my blogger friend Karen over at Restoring Joy.  She had read my complaints on Tari's hostile treatment of the other girls and offered up some help.  I of course gladly accepted!


Karen said all of her mares and readily eaten the supplement without hesitation.
Excellent!!  (0:
Little Miss Tari was a poop the first day I offered it to her.  She took a bite and then threw her pan.  She then ran the Hee-Haws off of their grain and they in turn went to hers.  They gobbled it right up and were even more pleasant than normal the next day ...  Well okay, maybe their mood was the same, but they loved it!  (0;
Second day, second try.  Caught Tari and stuck her in the stall.  Sprayed some water on her grain, then added the Mare Magic and stirred.  Gave it to her and left her to eat while I ran the dogs.  When I returned most of her grain was gone...so I hand fed her the rest.  I repeated the stall tactic for 4 days, and on the 5th day grained her with everyone else.  She ate it all!  (0:
So she is now eating her Mare Magic without force feeding and does seem to have mellowed out a bit!
I will keep her on this until she goes to Barrel School in the spring.  I will then give The BRC the option of taking her off of it or leaving her on....
She will be living in a stall and paddock by herself with buddies on each side but no one to bully, so I don't know for sure if she will need it.  We will cross that bridge when come to it I suppose!!  (0:  But for now, Tari the Terrible has been tamed by a little herb!

Yeee-Haw!!

8 comments:

Shirley said...

Glad you found something that works. Hope your Christmas was a good one.

sally said...

That sounds like a great thing ....mare magic....I love it.And you'll have to let me know how it goes a few weeks into feeding it. Having a mare again means I'm back to girly mood swings. Hope Xmas was a goodie!

Karen V said...

Mare Magic is 100% dried raspberry leaves. It absolutely WILL NOT hurt her to be on it all the time. Depends on whether you want to pay for it, or go to the touble of growing, harvesting, and drying your own. And it works!

Nikker said...

Sally -I will keep you posted! (0: So far so good!! This stuff smells good enough to eat that is for sure! I am thinking if this does keep working, because she was doing well on Metabol Ease until she started flat refusing it, I will try and grow some Raspberry's around here and dry the leaves...but we will see, I have plans a plenty and not as much time! (0:

Nikker said...

Karen- I'll keep her on it here as long as it keeps working and she keeps eating it. I just don't know if The BRC will want to have her on it...so I will let her decide, and then start her back upon her return home if she decides to take her off. I'm going to be flexable on it!

Nikker said...

Shirley- Christmas was good. Family makes the day, for sure! Hoping you and yours had a wonderful holiday as well!

yanmaneee said...

converse outlet store
coach handbags
kd 10
balenciaga
yeezy boost 350
curry 4
golden goose
kyrie 6 shoes
balenciaga
supreme

raybam said...

consultez le message ici sacs réplique gucci Visitez votre URL Vérifiez ceci ceci Valentino Dolabuy