Monday, December 5, 2011

Am I The Only One?

Who keeps more than one water tank in the same pasture?


Chad informed me that there is something wrong with me on Sunday when I was telling him how much ice I took off of the Hee-Haws mini tank.  I had begun my explanation to him as to why I had three out, when he cut me off...
  He didn't really seem to care.  He told me that "normal" people keep just one, and they just make sure that it's full enough for all the animals, no matter what the size.


Really? 
What is normal, Mr.? 
I am not sure if that will ever apply to me..  And further more, the mini tank, is actually Fiona's favorite spot to drink.  Fiona happens to be the biggest horse out there...and size isn't a problem for her.  (0:  But if Fi is happy, I am happy!


Granted, in some ways it does make three times the work...but on the other hand, I know everyone is drinking for the most part.


They do have to wait on me to break the ice some times, but the "big tank" has a heater and it's always working. 
They always have "liquid" water available for the most part...  (The Hee-Haws would be the only ones falling into the most part part.  It's just a neck length thing! )


Maybe the metal tank I can't explain easily...but I'm not going to try!  They seem to drink more from the "cold" tanks than the "warm" tank...but I totally feel all three tanks have their own place and function in my pasture!


And since Chad isn't the one draggin the hose in and out of the barn...nor is he the one cleaning them OR breaking the ice, does it really matter what he considers "normal"?
Now I just have to ensure I don't get too sick this winter to take care of them and I can keep my smirk on my face when he decides to point them out to me!

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I noticed that the mares seem to like the unheated tank and would break the ice and drink from it before going to the heated tank- yes, for a while I had two tanks going in their pen, so I guess I'm not normal either.

Nikker said...

I am glad I am not the only one who does/has have/had more than one tank. Maybe I'll get myself down to two before the winters over!