Monday, December 12, 2011

The First Poem I ever Memorized

MICE

I think mice are rather nice,
Their tails are long,
Their face is small.
They haven't any chins at all.
Their ears are pink,
Their teeth are white.
They run about the house at night.
They nibble things they shouldn't touch,
And no one seems to like them much.
But, I think Mice are rather nice.


I have no idea who wrote it...and really no idea if this is really how it goes...but it's how I remember it from the first grade.  Mrs. Gibbars class.  Back when I was "the smart kid", or so I thought at the time! (0:
Is this really how I feel about mice?  Uh, no.
More to come...

2 comments:

mrscravitz said...

Well I think it is a cute poem, and I seem to vaguely remember something of this poem myself.....

Nikker said...

Mrs. Cravitz, I guess I like it too because it's got to be 30 years ago I was in the first grade! (0: As I was sweeping up mouse droppings in my feed room, it sort of floated into my head... For some reason I think it came from a book called Where The Sidewalk Ends, but I am not sure. I should spend some time looking for it, just for my own amusement. (0: