Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Last Day

****I have tried and tried to get this post to have video, but to no avail. I have used up the miniscule amount of patients I have trying to figure out my mess...so here is the post with NO video and NO pictures. My sweet husband won't be bitten by the blogger bug and try and help...he usually asists me in the computer problems I have, but not when its a blogger issue. Men! ( : I also some how lost my spell check...ugh!! ****



Mindy and I were up and down stairs with our luggage by 7 a.m. to in act our "expedited exit plan" from Barn A and Las Vegas.  Our first step was to feed and water Breeze as well as clean her stall.  Mindy and Breeze wouldn't be running until 10:30 or 11:00, so Breeze still had some time left in there. After feeding the horse we started looking around for one of the carts that we used to unload the trailer on arrival.  We finally found one in a far corner of the barn, that was clearly marked "For Use In Barn Only".  Lucky for us the barn was nearly empty and neither one of us was afraid of bending the rules...of course we intended on returning the cart...sooo all in all we would rather beg for forgiveness than ask for permission. We had the cart loaded and out the door in about 5 minutes.  It was hike from the back of the barn to where the truck was parked ( I am guesstimating it was 1/3 mile if not a wee bit more).  Our plan was to hot foot it to the end of the pavement and I would stand by the cart while Mindy pulled the truck and trailer as close as she could to where I was.  We lucked out big time.  Right there just off the pavement was a front row spot for the truck and trailer.  The rig was re parked, loaded with all of our non essentials, and we were back into the barn with our cart by 8:10.  Which gave Mindy just enough time to grab something to drink, get Breeze and head over to Tonya's stall in Barn B for the horses adjustment and start her warm up. During the adjustment Tonya suggested to Mindy Breezes hocks may be bothering her.  But with the concrete floors, long trip there, and the heat it could just be a passing thing.  She did suggest that Mindy have her normal vet look at her when they got home.   But for the time being she gave her a cream/salve to rub on that would basically numb the area and help her run pain free for the time being.  She also gave Mindy some exercises on how/what to do to help Breeze naturally develop muscles that were being neglected by way of her regular training.  The Vet/Chiro said these are muscles that regularly need this kind of attention in horses that are western performance animals.  So its nothing that Mindy is doing any differently than any other barrel racer out there. After the adjustment Mindy warmed up and Fred and I got the room clear cutted and Wyatt ready to roll.  It took several laps for us to get the last little bit out of the room AND Fred still forgot the camera!  ( :  Luckily we held on to a key and he was able to retrieve it easily.  He did however miss Mindy's last run. But I didn't!  ( :  Please for give the horrible video, I REALLY need practice!   ( :

No comments: