Friday, June 25, 2010

Baby On Board!!

Yes!!  You heard me right!! 


Tari and I just got home from her 14 day vet check and got the best news ever!  When she left Dr. Peters place two weeks ago, she had double ovulated so we were concerned about twins when we arrived today. 


Of course she wasn't a good patient.  She never is.  She walks gamely into the stocks and then clamps her butt cheeks together as tight as she can.  Then of course she tries to poop on Dr. Peters' shoes...


Then after his fingers are nearly pinched off he is able to get the ultra sound wand into place.

The babys place!!  ( :
And as he looked into the monitor, he said, "We've got a pregnancy!  Call your sister!"  Of course I had left my phone on the seat of the truck, because I don't think that my cell phone needs to be everywhere I am at all times.  There is a time and place for my phone, and a Dr.'s Apt. is not one of them.  So as he searched her uterus for the second possible fertile egg, I sprinted to my truck and hit speed dial 3.


By the time Mindy picked up, I was back into the barn.  I blurted out..."You have a baby on board!"  She said no shit!  I said no shit!  Then we both giggled.  It was such a great feeling to get over our first hurdle!


The whole office was happy!  They are all competitive horse people there and of course familiar with Dash Ta Fame...and since Tari has spent about three weeks all together at the office they love her and can't wait to see what she will produce!!


We have at least one more appointment with Dr. Peters and that is a 30 day check to make sure that we in fact do have a heartbeat and a viable pregnancy!!  I can't wait to see Mindy's future barrel horses heart beat!!  But first we will go to our Charmayne clinic!!

Oh, the joy!!  I am sooooo happy, oh so happy!!  ( :

No comments: