Friday, May 28, 2010

Keeping Up With Karen



Karen over at Restoring Joy posted some pictures recently of a thunder/rainstorm at her house.  I liked them!   We have been getting a lot of rain here recently, especially for this time of year.  Usually we see this more in April, but this year May has really been rainy. 


The clouds opened up again and I decided to "copy" her and post a snip of my weather.


Over all I know that we need it, but my horses' robust figures could really use less rain during the afternoons!  I admit that when I was 16 I would ride no matter what the weather as long as my parents weren't holding me up.  But that was nearly 20 years ago and I now don't ride in the rain on purpose.  ( :


So here I set, watching the puddles grow!

P.S.  Those logs in the 3rd picture were once the tree that crushed the Land Lords horse trailer.  Because the tree is a Bull Pine, its not ideal for firewood.  He decided that they would however make good "natural" jumps for him to go over while training his horses.  So he took the tractor and drug them out into the pasture.  Not something I would have done, but then much of what he does falls into that category!

3 comments:

Karen V said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHqVWtXCzmI

I knew and Mindy would appreciate this...

Monday, May 31, 2010, 17 yr old Nicole Aichele and her horse Biankus French Girl (aka Blondie), set a new world record on a full standard pattern in Pasco, WA.

16.643

Measured, video taped, witnesses, the works.

I was truely a stunning, flawless run!

ENJOY!!

Nikker said...

OMG! Watched it, and by the time I could get it to Mindy it had been pulled!
Had friends there and watched them run when I could...Mindy say she recognises the girl...
So awesome! Hope they repost it soon, definately worth watching over and over again!
Thanks for thinking of us!!
We will post Mindy's runs at the NBHA Super Show this weekend...

Karen V said...

Thee's a crappy video up now, from a personal camera in the stands. The one that was at the link was taped off the webcast, which was copywrited. That's why it was pulled. When Nicole gets her professional copy, she'll post it.

Go to Youtube and search Nicole Aichele. Her run on Blondie from 2 years ago when she ran a 16.7 is on there.

Hurray for Mindy! can't wait to see the videos! Drive safe!