Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cheaters Never Prosper

I honestly believe that saying, I also believe that anything worth having is worth working for.

But, I saw a commercial and and thought to my self I'll give that a try!  I'm over my ideal weight by more than I would really like, and this can't hurt....right?

So I went out and purchased said item and decided to use them at work as I am on my feet for 6-8 hours a day.  A perfect time and place to use them.  Initially all went well, then while my back started bugging me.  Nothing new, I don't always use correct lifting form and I have had a few pretty good horse wrecks.  So off to the chiropractor I went.  Turned out it was my left hip that was the root of the cause of my trouble.  This is the hip that I was drug by when I was 16.  It bothers me from time to time, but this was the first time it caused back pain.  Adjust and move on, that's what I did.

Then a week ago, my back started hurting again.  What??!!??  This time it was far worse.  Off I went back to the chiropractor.  As he is popping and cracking he says to me, what has changed over the last few months that could be causing this.  I told him nothing in particular.  Then he says what about these shoes?  Oh, yeah...the shoes.

So I was adjusted 4 our of 5 days last week, couldn't ride, and was crabby.  I did however ditch the shoes and get some that aren't all crazy, just good well made shoe with arch support.  Its still to early to tell for sure, but I am thinking...  If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.  Firm and tone while you walk, maybe.  Cripple me, definitely!  ( : 

One of our employees has some, and she doesn't have a bit of trouble with them and the same with my sister.  So it could just be me and my past injuries...but I am tossing them none the less.


Rest In Piece Sketchers!  Been not so nice knowing ya!

2 comments:

The Wife said...

My mom bought several pair of those. She LOVES them. She has knee problems and said they are so comfortable. Her knees don't hurt when she stands all day. I've never tried them. I think you may be the odd ball!

Nikker said...

Figures! ( :
While I was wearing them, they were comfortable and I didn't notice anything obvious. They also made me a little taller, which I loved! Chiro feels its just the change in posture I'm not tolerating.