Thursday, November 20, 2014

Out Of The Fog....

These "guys" are just amazing to me!  LOVE it when they visit!
The girls on the other hand do NOT love it when they visit.  
Which makes me wonder what do moose smell like that horses dislike so much.
I think I will Google it, because the girls barely even notice when the deer walk into the pasture to steal a little salt, but a cow and calf moose by the old hay pile and they loose their minds.


So I Googled it, and cannot find anything worth reporting.
Re-affirmed things that I already knew...
Don't get between a cow and calf.
A bull moose will mount ANYTHING.
Give them their space.
They can kill you if you get into an altercation with them...


I've heard reports that they are tasty.
I am pretty sure that I'll never know.  Not because I'm anti-meat, but because I'm anti-wild game in my mouth.
Blah, blah, blah, it's good for you...
Blah, blah, blah, it's good if you cook it right...
Blah, blah, blah, you don't know what you're missing...
Blah, blah, blah.
It's gross.
I love cow.  It's tasty.
I love chicken.  It's tasty.
I love pork.  It's tasty.


I do not like venison.
So these guys are in great luck.
I will only shoot them with my camera...
And never try and nibble on their ribs!
LOL!


What I am kind of mad at myself about is that I didn't go and take a pictures of the girls and little guys posturing in the brush.
There is nothing more amazing to me than a horse on the muscle...
When I'm not riding it or handling it of course!  (0:
Even then Hee-Haws are kinda bad ass when they are all fluffed up and being brave!  (0:


But I didn't even think about it!  Dang it!
I am going to try and remember to get Fiona over on the side of the fence that this girl was and stand her by the fence post for a comparison photo.


Fiona's not a tiny thing for sure...
But I think it could be pretty interesting comparison.
I know of course Fi's whither isn't going to be as high, but fingers crossed I can remember and recreate it successfully! 


Any ways just wanted to share these two!!



1 comment:

Kellie said...

Those are great pictures! I like moose too - We don't typically have them around these parts - once in a blue moon one will be spotted though. Back home in AK they were everywhere in Anchorage. Wandering in peoples back yards, up and down the streets. Continually getting hit by cars and literally trampling people to death on the bike/ski trails if the people found themselves between the mom and baby.

No worries, you are not missing anything by not eating moose meat. It's nasty. Just like caribou - yuck.