Saturday, January 10, 2015

Hey! It's 2015!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!
We did the usual trek to The Olympic Peninsula to celebrate with Mindy, Fred, and Wyatt.
We had a blast!


Went to The Game Farm and laughed out butts off at the demon Lama's, sweet talked the cute little deer of all kinds, rolled up the windows and scream/squealed at the charging buffalo, (this presented a REAL problem for Mindy and Wyatt who were in the backseats of the old cop car we were in as they couldn't control their own windows.  Chad was driving, so they were trying to direct him and their windows as he was trying to not run over the charging buffalo and keep them safe and happy.  It really made for a GREAT time!!  That car is available for purchase on their car lot if anyone's interested!  (0:  Dent free!  LOL!!!), we stopped and tossed bread balls at the bears.  It is so amazing how their paw/eye coronation is.  It honestly didn't even seem like they were looking at us and they just snatched them right out of the air!  They seem so sad, yet so happy, its odd...  When we got to the elk we kept the windows up and only fed the cute exotic deer for the most part...  They are almost as aggressive as the buffalo!!  So besides the deer, we only fed a calf elk until we were leaving their area, then a couple of cows got the rest of our bread- well except for the bread Wyatt set aside for the peacocks.  That kid loves them!  They are pretty, and he's a boy who is going to be a construction worker when he grows up and thinks so highly of those foofy birds, it just makes me smile!  (0:
Because there were 5 of us in one car, feeding crazed animals we didn't get any pictures.  But trust me we laughed and laughed and laughed!!
The weather wasn't conducive to any horse activities on the day we had "open" for such things... It's the first time since Mindy was prego we didn't ride!  Weird...  I did learn some stuff about the Back On Track products while I was there...  Good stuff for later!
We hit the black Friday sales with nothing on our lists really...  And made only a couple of small purchases overall.  We just wanted to get out to be out and say we were out!  (0:

I just loved watching Wyatt lead Kase around his yard.  It totally rocked!!

Merry Christmas!!
We did our Christmas thing and hit my parents house again this year!
I love being home for Christmas.
Mindy, Fred, and Wyatt were of course there too!
Wyatt and Kase handed out the presents.  Kase pretty much knows who everyone is and likes to give people things, BUT he was over excited after about 20 seconds of handing stuff out and started just putting the stuff you gave him in the nearest pile and then racing back for another one.  Luckily Wyatt understands the "art" of giving the gifts to the "right" person, so he would follow behind Kase and give the packages to their rightful owners.  It was pretty cute!
Kase didn't care to open presents- AGAIN!!  It was a repeat of his birthday!!
He helped open one and then he was done.

 I got a computer upgrade for my Birthday...and I'm struggling with my picture management!
The Christmas pictures are off it, everything else if from my old computer... I have to get my pictures in the gallery bigger than a thumbnail and don't know how!!  So these are all picked out on a wing and a prayer for content!  (0:

Maybe next year!!
For Christmas dad and mom had purchased a wagon/sleigh ride.
Mindy and crew left the day we were supposed to do it.
There was a miscommunication between mom and the people they got it from, so we ended up catching up to them halfway through the loop lets say...  Mom and Kase and I all got in and rode and dad and Chad took the truck back to their trailer. 
It was fun!  It was cold, with a little wind.
I was glad we got in at the half way point as I am not sure that Kase would have lasted for the whole thing.

 
All the activity pooped out Seven!  And not a single present was for her this year!
Poor little Seven!
 
Kinda bummed that dad and Chad missed out- but on the other hand, I am not so certain they were... I am not sure what they did, but they seemed to enjoy themselves and were giggling like school girls when we arrived.  As a side note, dad and Chad both really like the drafts and are on the same page that if they HAD to have a horse, they would prefer a draft.  (Yes, the paint horse is Chad's... LOL!!) 
At any rate, mom, Kase, and I had a good time and because of the miss communication they told mom that we could come out anytime and get a "re-ride".  Super nice people with a super nice team!!
 
Coming up the Weippe Prairie!
 
And a little closer!!
 
Happy New Year!!
We went to bed at 9:00 and slept in!
New Year seems to come and go whether I am awake or not...  So why loose sleep over it?  LOL!!
As per my usual, no resolutions... 
But I am working on a few lists of stuff to get done.  We will see how that goes with a toddler...  No worries though!!

Winter is being a crazy old lady this year!
I like a little snow... Pretty snow, not the ugly stuff we've got going on right now.
We started off pretty bare and dry-ish.  We got rain, and some warm temps.  Then more rain.
Then it got could.  And stayed cold.  Which is really crappy after the temp hanging around it the 40's for so long!

The gang!!

Then it finally warmed up to snow.  We got 6-8 inches and then it warmed up some.  It settled.  And last weekend we got more snow.  Around 13 inches...  Then it warmed up to rain on top of the snow.  Then we had slush.
Now it's gotten cold again.  So we have frozen slush, ice in some places, and ugly crunch, crusty snow in others.
Oh, well.  I think we've got in the neighborhood of 65+ more days of winter...  I'll survive!
I think!!

This horse and kid just melt my heart.  She will stand there all day letting him feed her snow, gross hay, sticks, hay he's taken out of her mouth, just about anything...  She doesn't mind getting slapped, poke, pinched, or jabbed.  She is just amazing, not as amazing as he is, but still amazing.

The only other picture of Remi...  She was totally anti picture when we were out.
The girls are fat and happy.
Horse Girl's lameness hasn't gotten any better or worse.  Thank God!!  I guess I was being a bit of a Debbie Downer...  I just get sucked into worrying about things I cannot change I suppose!
As I suspected, Remi's breathing issues love this weather and she is fine, fine, fine!!  Too bad summer has to come.  Lots of decisions about her definitely loom, no matter how I look at it. 
The boys are fat and happy.


Maybe too fat....


Someone mistook Patron's back for a dinner plate, he's so fluffy...
Poor little fella!  LOL!!
On the bright side, he is definitely going to stay warm for the rest of the winter!!
(0:
This spring though....
Look out for the Jenny Craig for men pen!!


Life's pretty good 'round here, cold, but good!!!




2 comments:

Shirley said...

Well it looks like things are going pretty well at your place! Love that little man he sure is growing up fast! I think we are in for a lot of snow this winter, but as long as it stays mild I don't mind. It's the melt down in spring and all the mud it brings that I don't like!

Kellie said...

Happy New Year! Wonderful that you were able to spend the holidays with your family. The pictures of Wyatt and Kase are very sweet. Good luck with that computer upgrade - technology changes much faster than I can keep up with - ugh. Yes, I too am ready for SPRING! The cold and snow are such a pain. We've got a warm up coming this week - course warm up is relative as it'll be around 30* which will feel like a heat wave lol