Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Not Much Exciting Going On Here...

Girls and boys are hairing up as well as fattening up...getting ready for winter!  (0:


A local barrel race put on a race this last week, appropriately called The Ain't Dun Yet Barrel Race.
Mindy and Wyatt came up for it, hauling Tari and The BRC's sister's gelding Roy.
Roy is a funny dude...Mindy ran him in the open.  No pictures of him, Wyatt was keeping me too busy to chase down Mindy and Roy for a photo op.


But of course I got some pictures of the Wee Human, Mindy, and Tari.  I tried to take pictures of Tari making her debut as a Novice, but the lighting made my camera mad!!


Tari is now at Mindy's for the winter...  Mindy will be riding her until spring, then we will try and decide exactly where to put her...


She will most likely end up at The BRC's barn for the summer and then start running times only and novice events in the fall...


That's the loose plan for now.


I tell you what... I love this mare!  (0:


But not as much as I love this little boy too!!


He had the crowd smiling and awing during Mindy's barrel run on Tari.
He and I were standing near the third barrel (outside of the arena obviously...)
As she was loping the pattern, he was saying, "Go Momma!"  "Go Mindy!"  "Ride fast!"


Then he said, "Do good Momma!"  "Do good, ride fast!"
It was priceless!!  We all loved it!!  (0: 


And he was so proud of her!  Me too of course!!  (0:

 

This however could be my favorite picture of the race...
Wyatt and The BRC's parents!  (0:
It just makes me smile...

Have a good one!!  (0:







2 comments:

Kellie said...

Sure looks like a great time to me!

Rising Rainbow said...

Looks like a great time to me too.