Saturday, November 19, 2011

Evicted....


Right out of the lovely state of denial I was living in and thrust into the harsh reality that it is in fact winter.  When we left for work yesterday morning, there was quite a bit of snow on the ground.  About 5 inches...should have done something about that when we noticed, but decided not to... When I got home even more there was even more.  We probably ended the day with 10 inches of snow.  Because our drive way was not plowed I had to Evil Knievel it down and into the garage (something I profected last year, as it would wait to snow until I was at work, and then proceed to dump 8 inches of snow). 
 I was lucky in that I didn't have to put out a new round bale nor did I have to fill water...  All I had to do was get the tractor hooked or mostly hooked up to the snow blower so that Chad could move some snow.  That drama ONLY took the better part of 45 minutes bacuase the blower was burried in snow.  Yet another draw back of living in The State of Denial I suppose.


I was unable to get the PTO attached, because the cover that protects it is a real pain to get off, my fingers were froze, it was dark, and my husband would be home at some point to fix it all... I got the rest of it together and into the barn for easy assembly for Chad.  Go Nikki!!
Frosty The Snow Chad got a pretty good start on the driveway this morning and should be able to finish it off tonight...I could work on it, but it gives him ulcers the way I do it...  Lets just say that I am not the perfectionist that he is! (0:
Next up is to jump in line with all of those Last Minute Lulu's and Les Schwabs and get the snow tires on all three of our rigs... shouldn't be too bad...  Yeah right! 
Oooops!  LOL!!



1 comment:

Shirley said...

Husbands are the best! Mine had to fix the tractor today to get all the snow plowed (Glad he was driving it when the shift lever broke!)