Friday, August 27, 2010

The New Place

Chad and I have been looking for our own place since September of last year.  We have been through everything you can imagine...its been ridiculous to say the least.  Our real estate agent was already a family friend, but if she hadn't been to start out with, she would have been after this wild and long ride! 

Partial front of house.

So we are now going to be residing just outside the lovely city of Spirit Lake.  We are only 15 minutes from "The Ranch" so its making moving easy.  A little bit every night and once the fence is in, a nice short ride for my equine buddies!!  ( :

Barn...with Chad testing the stalls.

The house, garage, and the barn are move in ready...but the pasture, not so much.  So we have that little project in full swing, and I'll show you pictures of that next.  For now here's the place!

Garage and Ham radio tower.

Its 10 acres with its own gravel pit.  Yeup, gravel pit, its grandfathered in, so if we so choose, we could put it into production.  We won't, but we could!  ( :  All the gravel you see 'round this place is from it.  And its natural, it hasn't been ground.  We do have plenty of large rock that could be ground and or used in landscaping.  But we will see...I don't love rock gardens, so I won't be doing that.

Green house, kind cool isn't it?

The house's story is a sad one.  The couple that lived here, moved from Utah to retire here.  Then the wife was diagnosed with cancer.  After treatment, they decided to move back to their family and friends.  As their network wasn't as strong as they wanted.  They were pretty much heart broken to have to leave.  I am heart broken for them...having family members who have been through cancer. 

Chads woodshed, for the stove in the garage...which will be home for the Bronco!!  Maybe we can get started on it this year!!

I am happy for us though!!  It will be such a nice feeling to be able to be in charge of how I keep the horses and not have any dip shits showing up to bug the crap out of me!  And if I don't like a horse, I don't have to feed it!  ( :  Although its smaller than The Ranch, we can't really see the neighbors and they can't see me...so that's good.

Door to the apartment...anyone wanna come visit? Its got a 3/4 bath!

We should be out of here within the week!!  Oh, the joy!!  The new guy is just waiting for me to get out so he can get in...I will meet with him on Sunday afternoon and give him the low down on everything that I do around here.  Good luck to you buddy...that's what I will be thinking the entire time I am talking to him...but I'm a bitch that way sometimes!!

Cute little tractor!!  Chad can't wait to blow snow with it!

On another note, the vets office called me back.  Tari's fasting blood sugar level was perfect.  Dr. Reuss said that she may just be one of those horses that isn't happy pregnant.  I am relieved that Tari doesn't have any medical issues, but really wish she would find her happy place and stop being such a mean old bag to the rest of the girls.  Maybe a change of scenery might make her a nicer horse!  ( :  I think it might make me a nicer person...maybe!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Good to know her sugar tested ok.

Gestational diabetes is a pain in humans, can't imagine dealing with an equine with it.

Can't wait to see the pictures as you move! Living vicariously is so exciting!