Monday, May 14, 2012

Lost My Asses

Today I roll into the driveway to find the girls standing at the fence knocking around one of the water tanks.  It's empty and their favorite one to drink out of, so they want to make sure I KNOW it needs to be cleaned and refilled.  (The other two had plenty of water in them.)  As I back the car into the garage and mutter to myself about being a mere slave to these equines, I realize I don't see the Hee-Haws anywhere.  Odd, but sometimes the come out of the trees when they hear the car doors shut.


Riley and Jack-Jack.  Riley wants to be a cowboy someday, and is fairly timid.  So he is starting with Jack-Jack.  He won't ride him, but will lead him as long and the Hee-Haw doesn't do anything scary.  (0:

The dogs and I get out, close the garage door, and nothing.  So I call them.  Nothing.  I go to the barn and put up the doors and drag out the hose.  Still no long ears to be seen.  I fill the tank half way and get on the Danger.  Kage rides shotgun and Abbi and Seven lead the way.  Up the fence line I go.  Checking for signs that the little brats have found a spot to shimmy under/through.  I stop and call as I leave the property.  Nothing.  I don't see a single hoof print or Hee-Haw apple.  Odd I think, but they could have went straight into the trees, thus leaving nothing on the path.


My niece Olivia and Patron.  She's not afraid to ride a Hee-Haw, but found that they don't always go too well.  It took a minute for him to decide that maybe he could cut the girl a break and pack her around for a few minutes.

The dogs and I go all the way down to the next road.  Then back again.  Then past our property the other way until we can go no farther.  Still not a single trace of the Hee-Haws.  I tell my co-pilot that there is NO WAY anyone would steal the little dorks with the horses standing right there with them.  The horses would be way more worthwhile to steal...  So we head back home.  Calling them as we go.  Not a single whistle or bray from them.  And Jack-Jack is always good to answer when called, especially at feeding time.  So now I am convinced I am in big trouble.  


Wyatt leading his older cousin in the little ass parade down the drive way.  Oh, how he loves the Hee-Haws!

What do you do when your in trouble (and your dad is too far away to come and save you)?  You, if you are me, call your husband.  The conversation went something like, me asking Chad who to call because the Hee-Haws were missing.  Him saying, besides me?  Me telling him yeah, in addition to calling you.  Him saying I'll text you the county sheriffs department.


My mind raced a little bit as I tried to think of something "smart" to say when trying to explain that I have lost my Hee-Haws...  Because I am semi scared and even though I do enjoy calling them Asses, I really do want to be taken seriously.  So I ask the nice lady if I could speak to someone about loosing my donkeys in Spirit Lake.  She giggles and says she will connect me to dispatch.  
I have a friend who is a dispatch in Las Vegas and some of her stories are so funny...  I think to myself that after I find those rotten Hee-Haws, I will have to text Julie and let her know what I had to tell a poor dispatcher here in Idaho!  (0:


The phone rings on the dispatchers end, I hear a snap.  The horses heads whip around.  The phone rings again and I see the long ears of Jack-Jack coming out of the trees...the trees that are in the fence line.  A voice on the other end of the line says, "Kootenai County dispatch, this is Derick how can I help you?"


In my best grown up voice I tell Derick that I am sorry I have wasted his time as I was calling to report my donkeys missing.  But I have just found them.


I start laughing and so does he.  He tells me I didn't waste his time.  I in fact made his day.


I'm glad I made his day...and seeing those mouse gray little brats totally made mine.  This is a first time experience for me with them...and I hope they don't repeat it.  I called Chad back and told him what happened.  He just laughed and reminded me that we ONLY have them for entertainment purposes.  Good or bad, they do entertain!


I did text Julie about my grand experience.  She said that she laughed out loud and guarantees that it's a story that they will talk about for the rest of the day.  I told her it's not as crazy here as it is there and she said exactly...  (0:


And that's what happened to me today!  (0:
How was your Monday???

5 comments:

Shirley said...

Hiding in the trees were they? Bet you walked right by them while they snickered at you....
My Monday involved trying to get Chickory to stop galloping around with Rio hot on her tail trying to breed her, long enough so that I could catch Rio and incarcerate his hormonal self.

Nikker said...

Shirley- I think they were holding their breath while they hid behind a brush pile to keep from giggling!
I'm thinking it's a toss up to who had more stress on Monday!

Mikey said...

Lol, I can only imagine the guy you were talking to, lol. You've lost your asses :) You know the jokes were flyin'
Those are bad asses you have :) (sorry, couldn't help it)

Nikker said...

Mikey- I would have used the words ass and asses if it hadn't been for the fact I knew they were recording me! (0:

Kellie said...

LOL! Glad you found your assses!