Monday, May 7, 2012

I'm Not Crazy...

Or at least I don't think I am!  But...
I was reading a thread on BHW and they were discussing animal communicators.  There were opinions of all types, and different people sharing their experiences with them.  Some good, some bad, and some fairly bland. There was one poster who said she was practicing to be a communicator and that it's a matter of honing your skills.  She also offered to "read" anyone's horses that wanted a free reading.
I was raised Baptist.  I was raised to believe in God and the Devil, angels and demons.  I still have those beliefs, but I have to admit, that I don't think that everything is always black and white.  I think that there are some things, connections if you will that aren't really easy to explain.  The simplest way I can toss this together I  think is to liken it to gut feelings about places, people, and circumstances.
Anyhooo, I read the tread for it's entirety and decided I'd send the lady who was "honing her skills" an e-mail.  My thoughts were, what the heck could it hurt and it could be fun.  It wasn't as easy to think of questions as I thought it would be.  So here is my e-mail request to her:

Hello,

I don't know if you are still offering free readings, but if you are, I'd like one.  (0:
I have four horses, but don't have real specific for all of them.  Two of them I do have though.  I did included photos of all of them just in case they had something to say.

These horses are all in Spirit Lake Idaho... Not sure what else you need to get started, if you need any other info, I'd be glad to give it up!  (0:

The first horse is Remi.  I want to know if she is happy here?  Does her saddle and or pad work for her?  Does she really like my dog, or tolerate her?  Is there anything she needs or wants to change?

Second horse is Horse Girl.  I want to know where exactly she hurts?  Did the Legends shots help her?  Is she recovered from loosing her twins a three years ago?  Mentally.  Does she want to be a mom again?

Third horse is Tari.  I've got nothing specific for her, but if she wants to tell something I want to hear it.

Fourth horse is Fiona.  I've got nothing specific for her, but again if she wants to tell me something I want to hear it.   

Thank you for your time, 

NIKKI
I also included a picture of each horse.  
This is the reply that I got from the BHW Communicator:


I'll try it without ages.

Remi
couldn't be more happier
Saddle works, pad could be better
Don't like dog, but knows you do
More time with you
She's very happy & chatty. LOL

Horse girl
Right back ankle & inside hoof wall, not real painful tho
Legends helped
Misses them & is ready to try again I got cold chills while asking this one.

Tari
Loves you & thanks for everything
Happy with feed/hay
Little achey in back from hocks down

Fiona
Laid back/don't care attitude
Everything just ok
Very slowwww talker, lol


This is the e-mail I sent back to her along with her final response:

Thanks a million!  That was fun. I'm sorry I left out the ages...
Remi is a rescue that was a h.s. and college rodeo horse dropped a the kill pen for coming up in the box and busting her riders nose.  Girl and b.f. had thumped on her pretty bad.  Once my sisters friend found out they had dropped her off she went and bought the mare before the auction for $50.  It has taken me a year to get her relaxed, hoping to get some game shows and small 4D stuff done with her this year.  She has some BIG white marks behind her withers from ill fitting saddle/pad, so I'm VERY concerned about pad...  I will get to shopping for something better for her!  One of our dogs loves this horse and she allows Seven to lick her face, legs, and clean up her dropped grain.
Horse Girl is always moving sore.  She fractured her left rear ankle about 10 years ago and seems sore on all her legs... I will get her back on the Legends this spring.  She did loose "them" her last foaling.  It was a accidental breeding to the Land Lords stallion.  She foaled a wonderfully marked bay overo filly with two blue eyes that was the size of a border collie that we had to put down, and a still born under developed colt. The vet said to give her a few hours and then take the filly from her...she stood over that baby for 5 hours then when I took it, it was horrible...  We saved her colostrum and dropped it a the vets office...every time I milked her she nickered...poor ol' Girl.
Tari is the happiest horse I've met.  I don't think she has ever had a bad day.  On a side note, she came from BB Lovetorope or Luv2rope...or something similar to that as I can't remember her screen name at the moment.  (0:
Fiona does everything at her own pace.  She is at the trainers right now and I am hoping she has some gears...
Thank you
Horse girl left felt a little funny, she must be over compensating on that right. Was nt severe poisson just an ache. 



I am  happy at what I got.  I didn't ask anything hard, and apparently I forgot to give her the ages of my girls.  She still gave it a whirl!  
As Remi has adjusted to her life with me, although still not a fan of being loved on, she greats me, ears up and happy to be near me.  She also nickers every time she sees me, even if she walks away after saying howdy.  As for the saddle, it seems to fit well, but I am having a devil of a time getting her "sweat marks" to look right.  She doesn't act like her backs sore or being pinched, but her whithers are staying dry.  I have tried 4 different pads and three different saddles.  I have researched and now have a new saddle pad on order for her, hoping that this will do the trick.  Seven of course loves her, and I admit I was hoping for her to "say" she loved Seven too.  But tolerating the dog, is very nice of her!! (0:
We have been battling Horse Girls soundness for what seems like forever.  We have since changed the way we are shoeing her on the front and she got a Legends shot along with her spring tune up at the vets office.  She is moving overall better and seems to act like going somewhere isn't such a burden.  I don't recall if I'd blogged about her loosing a set of twins, and I am too lazy to go back and look.  But if I didn't, the landlord had a colt he just couldn't bring himself to geld.  He had friends over, they left a COUPLE of gates open and "Studly" ended up with the mare and mules...Chad found him with a broken leg that same day...No one suspected Horse Girl had been bred until she bagged up.  She delivered a live very wildly colored overo filly.  The filly was very small and I knew we had trouble when I saw her struggling to breath.  I then found the second foal in the afterbirth and was convinced nothing good would come from any of it.  The filly was euthanized and Horse Girl seemed down and unhealthy for what seemed like the entire summer.  I really thought she may just lay down and die from a broken heart...  
After Speedy was born Chad said to me how much he'd like to have a foal from Horse Girl to keep...but I didn't know if she would "want" another baby....  So I just had to ask....
God Bless Tari and her happiness.  She really is just the best!!
Fiona, what can I say.  I thought she'd be chatty and annoying.  But She seemed not too interested in communicating.  It's all good though!  I know Fiona is special!

I would also like to add that I think that there is validity in homeopathic readings.  And have tossed around the idea of having my horses read to see what minerals their body thinks that it needs.  But I'll save that for another time....  (0:  
Am I crazy??  I don't know...but I really do plan on recontacting this lady at the end of the year and see what the girls have to say later on.  (0:


3 comments:

Kellie said...

I'm open to all kinds of things and find this very interesting.

Nope, don't think you are nuts :)

Nikker said...

Thank you Kellie!! (0: I'm hoping that this lady can give me a more in depth reading later in the year...I will definitely have more specific questions for her. I'll blog it after it happens!!

Shirley said...

I believe that some people can "read" animals- my husband can, but not to the extent the lady in this post did.