Sunday, September 25, 2011

Puppy Love

I have an admission to make... When summer hit, and the bloggers I follow started posting less... I became addicted to Barrel Horse World Forum.  Sorry!  I have admitted that I have a problem, so it's the first step to getting my blog moving forward!  (0:
In being wrapped up in that forum, where I read much more than I commented or posted, a thread was started about Pit Bulls.  Of course it had a negative beginning, and there was a split with "haters" and "lovers".  I commented that these dogs used to be called Nanny Dogs in the '40's I believe and are family animals.  Also NOT all have dog aggression problems...I then posted a couple of these pictures of Wyatt and Seven.
Several people did not like the fact that Wyatt and Seven were "kissing".  I get it, we were all raised differently and view things differently.  I appreciated there concern, mostly because they weren't upset that Seven was a APBT, it was the mere fact his face was that close to ANY dogs face....
That being said, if anyone is still reading this blog, and you aren't found of these pictures.  Don't look.  I already heard it all over on BHW...
I personally think these are cute...and this kid loves "his" dog!  (0:






6 comments:

sally said...

I think the photos are great. Obviously the dog is in a caring home and well loved by all which is so nice to see

Karen V said...

Pits are not for me, but I know several people who have very very nice ones. I prefer my big floppy labs! Besides, it looked like Wyatt's face was in need of a good cleaning!

Jenn said...

That's a sweet pair of babies, right there. Good dog, loves kids.

People know so little.

(...and Karen, the scariest dog I've ever met was a Lab - dog went from zero to I'ma gonna tear his throat out in about 2 seconds... any dog can be a problem, most dogs aren't.)

Jenn said...

Another thought... all the preconceptions about breeds - how many people with opinions go out of their way to get experience to go with. Nobody has time in this future we are living in to seek out life experiences that might challenge the individual's beliefs.

Real dogs are great to know. Stereotypes not so much.

Nikker said...

Sally- We do love our dog...all three of them. (0: Seven and Wyatt are just kinda growing up together... And Wyatt is just figuring out how to kiss, so someone on his "level" is perfect! First set of 3 pictures...(0;
Karen- Honestly Pits aren't "my" breed, but this is our second one. Kage was an accident...he was supposed to be a Great Dane mix...I tried to get Chad to let me have a Corgi, a Rotti, a Rhodesian Ridgeback (sp?), and Jack Russel Terrier. 2 of the breeds, he hates...1 he knew nothing about and opted not to research, and 1 breed he said- "There will never be another Dinki..." So we got Seven because we could agree on her and her breeder is devoted to athletic family dogs, not guard dogs...
Jenn- Your second comment is awesome!
It's usually bad owners that make bad dogs... That being said, I too was about eaten by a lab. It was tied in the back of a truck in a grocery store parking lot, I didn't even see it until it was hitting the end of the leash that it was tied up with. It was literally inches from my face...I nearly peed! (0: But honestly I am scared to death of poodles. As kids our neighbor had one and he tried to kill us weekely. He was a black standard poodle, who only liked his family, everyone else was a threat....My moms little poodle was a beast and bit me several time as was my aunts poodle...both were small poodles. I know that it's childish, but poodles make the hair on the back of my neck stand on end...Which probably makes them want to bite me even more...And then just recently a neighboring business owner got a labradoodle...FRIGHTENING! I saw it out so had Kage on the leash (we were headed to the doggy dr.) and the thing charged at us barking teeth bared...with it's 8 year old owner dragging behind it on its leash...I honestly thought about letting Kage go, until I saw the kid.
Again, owners usually make the problems, with ALL animals. I feel that they are a direct reflection of us!

NIKKI

teydison said...

anchor her response find additional reading find out Continued