Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Catchin' Up!

First let me apologise for the laps in posting!  I really wasn't bogarting Speedy... yeup, Tari + DTF = Speedy!  I had a little surgery when he was two weeks old... to get that nasty goiter/nodule outta my throat.  A partial thyriodectomy.  It was monstrous, measuring 2 inches long and 1/4x 1/4 as far as front to back and side to side.  
Labs came back good!  So yippee for that! 
Although before surgery the blood work came back that my thyroid was functioning on the low side of normal, it was still normal...my energy level has increased and I actually feel pretty darn good. (Just shy of 3 weeks post-op...thought it would take longer to see/feel a difference if there was one..)  More blood work later on, just to make sure the remaining part of my thyroid is doing it's job...but for the most part, onward and upward.

So on Speedy's fourth week birthday he went to Deer Park to meet his little brother!  His little brother is out of my sister's good barrel mare (Beduino/Cabashan*SP* bred) and by a Frenchman's Guy/Firewater Flit stallion.  This little guy was born on June 1.  Neither parent is APHA, but boy did they give him some bling!  (0:  His mom is Mindy's Barrel Racing Chiropractor friend....  Long story as to how everyone ended up with someone else's foal... (0: 

His birth mom- Mindy was calling him Monster, because he gets mad and literally backs into you firring both hind legs.  Spank him and he will come around to the other side and try it again.  His mom- Barrel Racing Chiropractor, didn't like that name one bit.  She said it would brand him as a bad boy for life!  So as of right now, one week later, I don't know if the little piece of eye candy has gotten a name. 
I'm going to go out there weekend after next, so I will get a few new baby pictures and get the scoop on his name...if he has one!  (0:

Neither mom was impressed with being roomies at first.  There was lots of running.  And babies calling to their moms, then more running.  Then each girl took an end of the pasture.  It's about 2 acres and is fenced in no-climb and hot wire, so its pretty safe.  (There are also no other horses near them.  The rest of the BRC's horses are across the drive way....so they can look, but not touch!)  It took the girls 2 days to remember that they knew each other (had been pastured together for 8 months...) and that neither one was interested in the other's baby.  Now they are buddies and the babies have started playing with each other without moms interfering!  (0:
I'd say these two boys are living the good life right now!!

Speedy and his momma on his 4 week b-day!  I'd say she did good, really good!  I know his dad is some one famous... But I think she knocked it out of the park, too!

2 comments:

Karen V said...

Speedy... O! M! G! OMG OMG OMGOMG


WANT!

Nikker said...

Karen- I so agree!! Can't wait to see him next weekend. Very excited to see how he is growing!