Saturday, May 7, 2011

Distracted....

I've tried not to get too "personal" so to speak here.  Focusing on the horses, dogs, and donkeys.  Peppered with Wyatt, Chad, and various other family members...we all have some sort of drama, but that's life...so my drama, I have decided to keep- mine.  Not today...

I am totally bogged down with the inevitable loss of my uncle.

They told him and my aunt last week that at only 3 and a half weeks post-op, the brain tumor had returned and there was not an option for a third surgery.  Yes, third surgery.  The tumor is growing at an alarming rate...
He has in 7 years, had 3 separate cancer diagnosis....
There was nothing more they could do for him, he would not see his 50th birthday or his 25th Wedding anniversary. Not once has he said, why me, oh poor me, or the like...  Always, smiling and looking for the bright side of everything, and telling everyone who asked that it was in God's hands. 
He went home to die last weekend.  Surrounded by his family and his dog.  His good days are quickly being replaced by... well you know.

I'm terribly sad...we all are.

*********************************************************************************

To fill in a few blanks from the last few blogs....
Fiona is progressing.  Jess says she is spoiled...and too big to be this spoiled....  She has thrown several fits while standing tied.  Or supposing to be standing tied.  She has scraped herself up and blacked her own eye acting like a brat...  Bad Nikki, I knew she needed tough love, but maybe a little bit more than I thought.  Big dummy anyways. 
Jess did say she despite all I've done to her (yes, he has no problem telling me where I have failed but I am okay with it...) she is giving her head well and fairly soft in the bridle.  He also said he is pretty sure she will make a good horse if I don't screw her up anymore....  (0:
Sally is his favorite...  Mindy's too!  (0:
Mindy's other mare Emma got the what for the other day.  He said that someone had let her win a couple of big fights and it was going to take a while to change her way of thinking...  For the record, she came that way...  Mindy isn't responsible for that mess...  Jess says either she will get it, or she will GET it...

I have my baby stuff 90% together and will be starting the nightly ritual of bringing Tari into the barn and turning her out in the morning this weekend.  We are getting pretty excited to see her filly!  (0:

I have been trying to fit up Remi, but the weather has not been cooperative.  Last week, we had 4 days of snow.  Barf.  But I am glad that we aren't suffering from flooding, tornadoes, and the such like other areas! 
Seven got to go on her first "Big Girl" ride with Remi...  She did great.  She of course had the other dogs with her, so she could see and do with them.  But we were out in the big wild wilderness, off leash and out of my arms reach!  Chad's pup may actually be a good dog after all!  (0:  (Just as long you don't look at where she is tearing up the flower bed...grrrrrrr!)

2 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

Nikker, my heart goes out to you, your Aunt and Uncle and the rest of your family. Know what you are feeling entirely too well right now.

Keep on keepin' on girl- it is what they need us to do!!

Karen V said...

So sorry to hear about your Uncle. Hugs to you and your family!