Friday, October 11, 2013

Being Kase's Mom, Part 1

Well, it's been 32 days since Chad and I welcomed our kid into the world!
Here's what I've learned so far....


Having an infant is actually a lot like having horses!  (0:


Here are a few things I've noticed off the top of my head!!


You're constantly monitoring intake/food...
You're really interested in poop...
Urination is also quite interesting...
You find yourself monitoring their normal and adjusting to it...
They will give to gentle, steady pressure...
You eat after they eat...
Their clothes, shoes, and gear will keep you from ever owning new clothes again...
Maintaining their environment is a non-stop adventure...
Dr. visits are pretty expensive...
They need their own special gear for traveling...
Looking into their eyes, melts your heart...
They speak to you without saying a word...
It's pretty awesome!!  (0:


My animals and I are trying to find our new normal now that Kase is here.  The dogs are quite sure that they are being punished.  We used to "run" about 3-5 miles almost everyday after work and after feeding the horses.  They have been "ran" once since Kase came home.  
I'm just not sure how I "load" and infant into my (side by side) Danger and be safe about it!  (0:  When Chad gets home, now that we are into fall, it's getting dark.... I've taken them for a few walks while packing Kase in the baby backpack.  I've gotta work up in distance for it to be too much of an outlet for the dogs... Momma is a little outta shape!  But, like I said, we are working on it!  (0:


And my horses...  Well they haven't gotten much from me either.  I feed, water, and chat with them for a bit, but nothing like they are used to.  
I honestly haven't "neglected" my horses like this since I first left home after high school.  It took me a while to get my adult brain....  Now my horses were fine, my mom, dad, and sisters took care of them...  It's just me who didn't when I should have been.  So now, I'm not quite giving them the attention they are used to.  I am pretty sure though that they are fine.  There is not a hint of them suffering...  I am pretty sure it's more in my head than a real problem!  (0:


We're planning a trip here shortly to pick up Fiona...  (0:
I'm getting pretty excited about that!  Kase's big roan horse will be home shortly!!  Of course I will have to ride here and keep her legged up for him.  Hahahaaa!  I can't wait!


We are heading to Spokane tomorrow to watch Mindy and Wyatt run at the Not Dun Yet barrel race.  Mindy will be riding Tari and Wyatt will be riding his new "big" horse Moose.  Hoping that Kase and I can get a few good pictures of Wyatt and his horse! 
Fingers crossed!! 



1 comment:

Kellie said...

No doubt about it! They change our lives to the extreme, but in a good way. It might take you a bit to find your new "normal" but it'll come and one of these days all the hauling of gear/doc appts/juggling you do will just be second nature :)

Good luck on the trip to pick up Fiona! Exciting!!