Thursday, April 26, 2012

Tari The Great Bay Whale!

Man, when the weather is good, it is SO hard to blog!  (0:
I rode my sweet Remi on Saturday and rode my sweet Tari on Sunday.  It was the first time I had ridden Tari since...
........
.........


November 2010!  How on earth could I have let a horse got that long in between rides?  Well, she was bred in the early summer of 2010, and her shoes were pulled in November 2010.  She then foaled May of 2011 and then took off to raise her kid.  She came home late October of 2011 and settled in for winter.
And that's how she could go 17 months in between saddlings!


Our ride was actually pretty good.  She was a bit like riding a bag of microwave popcorn...I didn't know where she was going to "pop" out next.  I spent the ride reminding her that jigging was not walking, and that horses are supposed to walk, trot, and lope with their body straight.
She did toss a wee bit of a fit, that included a crow hop or two.  It was the first time since I've had her (4 years) that she tried such a move.  She wasn't good at it, and a little long trotting made her real sorry that she tried such a move.


It was quite enjoyable to be out on Tari...she is such a nice horse.  Every time I let her stop to blow, I asked her to do a little flexing and giving to the bit (even though I have her in a Little S hackamore).  Each time I saw her mouth, she had her happy horse smile on and each peek at her eye showed a happy bright gleam.  She was as happy to be out as I was to be out on her.  Not once did she call for her buddies, nor did she refuse or hesitate when directed in any direction.


Of course the dogs went with, they are soo happy that we are getting back into our riding season.  I think the girls are too...
And honestly I too or three couldn't be happier!  (0:


No comments: